Xampp for Windows 10– XAMPP is free and easy to install Apache distribution containing PHP and Perl. This open-source package has been set up for ease of installation and use. XAMPP is a free and open-source cross-platform web server package developed by Apache. This package includes the Apache web server, MySQL, PHP, Perl, FTP server, and PhpMyAdmin.
- 1 XAMPP Free Download for Windows 10 (64 bit/32 bit)
- 1.1 Features of XAMPP
- 1.2 How to Download Xampp for Windows 10?
- 1.3 How to Fix Apache Not Working on Xampp for Windows 10?
- 1.4 Alternative of XAMPP
XAMPP Free Download for Windows 10 (64 bit/32 bit)
XAMPP has been regularly updated by the developers, making it more convenient for the users to use it. It has both full and standard versions. It also comes with various versions like OpenSSL, PhpMyAdmin, MediaWiki, Joomla, WordPress, and many more things. Multiple numbers of XAMPP can exist on a single computer and can be used effectively by the users.
XAMPP is a great tool for everyone looking for a full development on servers and wants to run quickly and less. There is only one issue: it’s easy to install and doesn’t have any security features. It is not well-secured software.
It is an elementary, simple, lightweight, apache distribution that makes it extremely easy for the developer to create a local web for the user. It’s free to download and install XAMPP for Windows 10. There are many latest versions available for the user. In this article, you will find a lot of information on XAMPP for Windows 10. Go through this article and feed yourself with more information on XAMPP for Windows 10.
Features of XAMPP
Here are the features of XAMPP which will help you in knowing more about this software.
- The developers regularly update it.
- It comes with many other modules like OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, MediaWiki, Joomla, WordPress, and many more.
- Multiple instances of XAMPP can exist on a single computer.
- XAMPP is both full and standard version
How to Download Xampp for Windows 10?
If you want to install XAMPP for Windows 10, then you can follow the following steps.
Step 1: Download XAMPP from Apache Friends.
Step 2: double click on the run to start the installation.
Step 3: Click on OK to continue with the warning sign.
Step 4: click on the Next button.
Step 5: XAMPP offers various components like MySQL, PHP, Apache, and many more. Leave the default option and click on OK.
Step 6: use the default location setting, click on install to install the software, and click on the Next button.
Step 7: clear the option to learning more about Bitnami for the XAMPP option.
Step 8: click on the Next button.
Step 9: click on the allow access button to allow the apps through the firewall.
Step 10: click on the finish option.
Step 11: Choose your preferred language.
Step 12: click on the save option.
How to Fix Apache Not Working on Xampp for Windows 10?
The installation of XAMPP is straightforward, but on windows 10, sometimes there is a problem that will not allow the server to run on Apache. Below are a few methods that will allow you to fix the errors when Apache is not working for windows 10.
Method 1: Uninstall World Wide Web services
- Open start
- Search for a control panel, and click on the top results to open up the experience.
- Click on programs
- Click on the programs and features options.
- Click on the link of the turn on or off of the window features.
- Expand internet information and their services and uncheck World Wide Web services.
- Click the OK button
- Restart your computer to apply the changes.
- Open the XAMPP control panel, tap on start on Apache.
Method 2: change the default Apache TCP/IP port
- On the XAMPP control panel.
- Click on the admin button on Apache.
- Click on the httpd.conf options.
- Scroll down and find the line: listen 80.
- Change the 80 for another TCS/IP port number to 81.
- Save and close the file.
- Click on the start button to run on the Apache server.
Method 3: manually stop World Wide Web publishing services
- Open start
- Search for services and click on the top result
- Double click on the World Wide Web publishing services.
- Click on the stop button.
- Change the startup type to manual.
- Click on the apply button.
- Click on the OK button.
- Tap on the XAMPP control panel and click on the start button to run the apache.
- It is effortless and simple to install.
- It is a multi cross-platform available for Windows operating systems and Linux.
- It comes in both full and standard versions.
- You can either start or stop the database stack and server with one command.
- Configuration and settings are very tough.
- It is effortless to install, and hence it is not much secured.
Alternative of XAMPP
XAMPP is primarily used for testing, and the programmers use this software for developing local web servers. It is easily compatible with other operating systems like Linux, Microsoft Windows, and MAC as well.
Wampserver is a software that can be used for creating web applications and PHP programs. It comes along with three major tools like PHP, MySQL, and Apache. It is available in many languages, and it takes care of database management. You can keep on updating your software from time to time to have the latest version with you.
EasyPHP is the best tool for concentrating on only the coding part and not worrying about the configuration part. You will get the PHP along with MySQL for the management of the database. This tool can also be used for beginners to develop a program. EasyPHP is a tool that lacks personal hosting. These versions have different programs offered other than the basic ones.
UwAmp server is another tool to develop the web application for a Microsoft operating system. You don’t require any internet connection for testing. You can begin to use this software by using zipped files; you don’t require any installation. The user gets a lot of information about the interface, and you get to find it very interactive. UwAmp will allow you to run the software from a flash disk.
AMPPS allows you to develop programs in PHP. It can also be run on Microsoft Windows operating system, MAC, and Linux operating system. The installation is straightforward, and installation begins within a few minutes. AMPPS finds integrated tools like Apache, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, and Perl. It is the most important tool for PHP. The websites can be developed by programming or by open source web applications. The user can also work on WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal.
- The Uniform Server:
The uniform server tools are also used to run web servers, mainly to validate HTML coding. It also can be run effectively on Windows operating system. It doesn’t require an internet connection for installation and consumes less storage space, around 10MB. A user also gets updates from time to time and also changes the settings.
MAMP is a tool that comes with a database management system, web servers, and many languages. It supports different programming languages like Apache, MySQL, Perl, Python, and PHP. If you want additional features and you are a professional programmer, then this is the best option.
XAMPP is a great tool for anyone who is looking for a fully developed server. It runs quickly with time constraints. It comes with numerous improvements to its features. Their developer always comes up with the latest versions. This application is straightforward because it is easy to install. It is also available in full and standard versions. Since it can be installed quickly, it does not have any security features. Do we really hope that this article has helped you know more about installing XAMPP for windows 10?