Although mobile plans for smartphones generally include a 3G or 4G “data” connection, it is more comfortable to connect to a wifi network to download faster or avoid reaching the quota set by the operator in a few days.
Join a wifi wireless network with a Windows Phone
1. Open the Settings phone and go to ” Wireless » .
2. Check that the ” Wi-Fi network » be well activated and click on the name of the wifi terminal in question.
3. Enter the password of the wifi network, generally a long code (of numbers and letters) indicated on the box itself or provided by the hotel reception. This password is also called the “network key” or “security key”, whether WEP or WPA.
Click on ” Finished » once the password has been specified.
4. If the connection was successful, the name of the wifi network is indicated ” connected the connection is therefore operational.
5. If you need to configure a proxy to connect to the internet, keep pressed on the name of the wifi and choose To modify.
6. After passing the proxy button on ” Enabled ” , indicate the IP address or URL of the proxy server company or school as well as the port and to validate with the “v” key at the bottom.