Do you want to send an email with the photo of your new car, girlfriend or even apparently taken with your camera? But the image “weighs” more than 5 MB (Mega Byte) on the computer, what to do?
The solution is to resize image : reduce its size (therefore its quality) to save a lot of space and thus be able to quickly send it by e-mail.
Reduce the size of an image
1) From the file explorer, do a right click on the image and choose ” To modify » :
It is also possible to perform this action from the ribbon of the’file explorer clicking on ” To modify » :
2) The photo opens with paint, the Windows drawing software. Click on the button ” Resize » :
3) Two possibilities:
- Either resize the photo with a percentagefor example for an image of 1920×1080 (2,073,600 pixels), if we indicate “50%” in height and width, the image will only be 960×540 (518,400 pixels, 4 times less than ‘before).
- Either indicate the desired size directly by pixel : for example 1600×1200. Don’t forget to tick ” Maintain aspect ratio so as not to end up with a distorted image.
4) Save the modified image, knowing that to reduce the weight it is better to choose ” JPG » . The “PNG” format is of better quality but heavier. The “BMP” is to be banned.
To be sure not to lose the original image, we recommend saving the image under another name:
4.1) Click on ” File » :
4.2) Then “ Save as » and choose « Picture in JPEG format » :
4.3) Choose the location of the file as well as its name, for example ” my image_reduced.jpg » :