Wi-Fi is undoubtedly one of the most revolutionary resources to connect to various networks and the Internet. In turn, more and more devices integrate the technology, but there is a possibility that Wi-Fi does not work. Given this, today we tell you why Wi-Fi is not working in Windows 11 and how to activate it again.
- 1 How to fix Windows 11 issue showing WiFi option?
- 2 How to update network adapter drivers in Windows 11?
- 3 What should be done to enable the connection automatically when in range?
How to fix Windows 11 issue showing WiFi option?
There are several ways to solve network connection problems in Windows, fortunately, if you have problems with Wi-Fi, there are several things that you can try and that are very simple to apply, so if you cannot connect to the Internet, the first thing is to try the following.
Shut down or restart the Modem
Many times connection-related problems can be solved with a simple reset to your PC’s Wi-Fi. Similarly, restarting the router may help when the device I know saturated with information, something especially common in older models.
Therefore, despite being a cliché, really when the Internet connection fails, one of the first things that is recommended is to restart the modem. In fact, it is relatively common that, due to a temporary error, the Wi-Fi network simply does not show up, something that most of the time is fixed. turning the modem / router off and on again.
Go to ‘Manage WiFi’
Before doing anything, it is recommended to go to the options to manage Wi-Fi networks. To do this, simply click on the Internet icon in the taskbar Windows. In this section all the connections will be shown, the first thing is to verify that you are connected to a network.
In the same way, from this place you can activate and deactivate the Wi-Fi connection, therefore, if you see that no wireless connection appears, you may need to turn on Wi-Fi from this section. On the other hand, if you still have problems after activating this option, there is another way to carry out this process that we show you below.
Run the ‘Network Troubleshooter’ problem
An easy way to solve many problems in Windows, is through him troubleshooter. In fact, there is a version of this tool specifically designed to fix problems with the Internet connection. You can use this method as follows.
- First of all, go to the Windows Start Menu.
- Once in the Start Menu, look for ‘Identify and repair network problems’.
- After the previous step, a tool should appear on the screen, click on it to run it.
- The diagnostic tool will seek to solve basic connection problems, simply wait until you perform its procedures and check if the connection is back.
Activate the Wi-Fi adapter from the Control Panel
Many times problems related to Wi-Fi connection appear when the adapter is simply not activated. If so, the Wi-Fi icon may not even appear on the Windows taskbar, therefore the wireless connection cannot be used. You can activate the Wi-Fi adapter from the control panel as follows
- Activating the Wi-Fi adapter is easy, the first thing is to open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Once inside the control panel, we recommend changing the view to ‘Category’, after this click on ‘Network and Internet’.
- In the new menu, click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Now, on the left, you must click on ‘Change adapter settings’.
- The different network adapters will be displayed, Right click on ‘Wi-Fi’ and click on the ‘Activate’ option.
Keep in mind that in addition to managing networks, you can also find your PC’s Wi-Fi password from this section. In fact, it can be very useful in the event that you do not remember the key. On the other hand, if you keep having connection problems, it is recommended to update the drivers, a process that we will talk about later.
How to update network adapter drivers in Windows 11?
Actually the process to update the drivers or drivers in Windows will vary depending on the hardware that we have installed. Understanding this, it is important to know which components are installed on your computer, in this case you must know the model of your network card.
There are currently many motherboards that have wireless network cards, but it is quite common for external adapters to be used to serve this purpose. First, check the model of your adapter or check if the Wi-Fi connection is coming directly from the motherboard.
If Wi-Fi is provided by the motherboard, just go to the manufacturer’s official website and search for your model, where you should find the correct driver for the network. On the other hand, if you have a wireless network adapter, it will be necessary to know its model and visit the manufacturer’s website to obtain the appropriate drivers.
What should be done to enable the connection automatically when in range?
Windows introduces the reconnection option, which will allow you to automatically connect to preferred connections. It is undoubtedly a useful option, since if you do not activate it, you will need to connect manually every time you start your computer. To enable automatic connection to a network, try the following.
- Click on the Internet icon on the taskbar.
- Find the wireless connection you want to connect to automatically.
- Click on the connection, making sure to activate the option ‘Connect automatically’.