Sometimes you can get ” VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) »If you try to start a x64-bit virtual machine in VirtualBox.
What are the causes of this VT-X is Not Available error?
Should I Disable Microsoft AU Daemon? Is it Useful?
- It disabled in BIOS settings :
If he is not enabled in BIOS settings, it will cause this error on your computer when opening VirtualBox.
- Your computer’s processor does not support VT-X :
Although this happens very rarely, there are still cases where this error has occurred because the system was not equipped with the necessary processor for support this technology.
- Hyper-V virtualization technology is enabled on your computer :
This is the other most common reason that can cause this error on your computer. Microsoft’s Hyper-V technology is known to be in conflict with this technology.
Therefore, if Hyper-V virtualization is enabled on the system, then your operating system will disable it.
- Avast June 2017 update disabled it :
The update released by Avast in June 2017 turned out to be the reason for deactivation.
- Core isolation is enabled :
Core insulation is an option of security in Windows Defender which conflicts with the VT-X if it is activated on the PC.
How to Uninstall or Disable FMAPP Application?
Here are 3 effective solutions to resolve this error:
Fix 1: Disable Microsoft Hyper-V
We advise you to take care of it because it will remain enabled on the system and prevent VT-x virtualization from working.
So for repair the VirtualBox, you have to disable Microsoft Hyper-V.
Follow the next steps to disable it on your computer:
- Go to the Windows search box and type cmd.
- Click with the right button mouse over command prompt and select Execute as administrator.
- Type the command next in command prompt and press the key Entrance after each order:
dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature: Microsoft-Hyper-V
bcdedit / set hypervisorlaunchtype off
- After having executed the commands, quit command prompt and restart the computer.
Now open the VirtualBox and check if it fixes VT-x is not available error (verr_vmx_no_vmx).
Fix Error 0Xc10100bf Easily [4 Méthodes]
Fix 2: Disable kernel isolation on Defender
The core isolation of Win Defender is a device security option, and according to some users, this option is used to enter into conflict with the VT-x.
So if you use the Defender like default antivirus and that you receive error is not available (verr_vmx_no_vmx), then you must disable the Core Isolation option.
Here are the steps you need to follow to do so:
- First, go to the field of research and type Defender.
- Select Defender Security Center in the search results.
- In the window of Security Center, click on Device Security tab located in the left pane of the window.
- Then click on the option “Core insulation details” under the section Core insulation.
- From now on, disable the button tilting given under the heading Memory integrity.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Now check if you can run the VM Virtualbox without receiving the‘error is not available. If not, proceed to the next solution of the activation of the Virtualization technology or VTx / VTd.
What is “Update Orchestrator Service”?
Fix 3: Enabling VT-X from BIOS settings
Rocket League not Launching? Here are 8 Effective Solutions
If you’ve gotten this far with no results, chances are the reason you’re getting VT-x is not available error (verr_vmx_no_vmx) is that the technology is disabled in your BIOS settings.
Keep in mind that some third-party apps may override these settings, so do not reject this method before checking if this case is true.
Steps for access BIOS settings and check if it is activated differ depending on the manufacturer of your motherboard.
But in general you can find this setting in category Security (system security) under the Virtualization technology or VTx / VTd section.