With Windows 7, Microsoft did an exceptional job making the system work really well. However, over time, as you install games, applications, and fill your hard drive with documents, photos, and music; it can slow down your PC or laptop. To avoid this, they need a little care. Here are some tips to help you speed up and optimize Windows 7 without programs.
There are many things that can make Windows slow, but you should be able to restore most of its original speed without spending any money at all. You no longer have to live with an excruciatingly slow Windows 7 machine! Here are 3 basic tricks to speed up and optimize Windows 7. These tricks can be performed by any Windows 7 user and do not require third-party software or additional technical knowledge.
How to speed up and optimize Windows 7 without programs?
Free up Hard Drive memory
This trick is ideal for deleting files that are not useful or are not useful for the PC and perhaps cannot be deleted manually.
- The first thing to do is go to Team.
- Once there, in Local Disk right click.
- In the new tab that appears, select on Properties (edit).
- Once you enter Properties, click on Free up space.
- Wait a few seconds for the Liberator to load.
- The Liberator is already open, select all the boxes as they are in the image below and press OK.
- A new tab will appear, click on Delete Files.
- Wait a few seconds until all files are finished deleting and voila.
Clean temporary files
To get more space you just need delete files from Temp folder. Don’t worry, the files in that folder are only temporary, and as they are temporary it becomes useless over time. Therefore, if they become too many, they can occupy a significant amount on the Hard Drive and slow down performance.
- First go to Beginning and write “Run” and click.
- In the new tab type % temp% and press on Accept.
- The folder will appear. Temporary files, which, we are going to eliminate.
- Press Ctrl + E to select all files.
- Right click and press Remove.
- In the tab that appears below click Yes.
- Wait for the temporary file deletion process.
- If a sign appears saying there are one or more files in use press Skip and ready. Files that are not deleted are still used by the system!
- Again go to Beginning, scribe Run.
- In the new tab, type temp then press on Accept.
- Select all the files below and right click.
- Then press on Remove.
- In the tab that appears click Yes.
- If the warning sign appears again, press Skip.
Once you have done the two procedures mentioned above, go to Recycle Bin. There, right click and press on Empty the recycling bin to completely remove temporary files.
Delete Windows logs
This trick is used to completely clean the Registry of Programs and more. Because this is something that optimizers cannot clean 100%.
- Go to Start and type Events viewer.
- In the next window that appears, click on the arrow Windows logs and more options will appear.
- Then select on Application and wait a few seconds for the Registry to load.
- When this poster appears just press on Delete.
- Do the same with the other options (Security, Installation, System and Events forwarded).
- Right click and press Empty Register, after in Delete Y Ready!
Hope this fixes your problem with less effort. In fact, it is always best to choose optimization before thinking about upgrading your PC hardware. If you want to get rid of Microsoft Paint, try these 7 incredible alternatives. Get started getting the best out of your operating system with these tricks to speed up and optimize Windows 7.
If you think we may have missed a trick or two, do not hesitate to let us know in the comments.