The touchpad of your Asus ROG no longer works, so you would like know the method to solve this problem? Indeed, it is not rare that the touchpad also called touchpad se blocked. However, it is not necessarily a question a malfunction. So that you can analyze the reason for your problem. At first, we will show you how to configure it. In this way, we will present to you the method to activate or deactivate it on your Asus ROG. In a second step, we will explain the procedure for to resolve a software problem the touchpad on your Asus ROG.
- 1 How to configure the touchpad of your Asus ROG?
- 2 Solve a problem with the touchpad of your Asus ROG:
How to configure the touchpad of your Asus ROG?
When you notice that the touchpad of your Asus ROG no longer works. It could just be from a bad configuration. Indeed, because of the dedicated keys, it can quickly happen to inadvertently mishandle. But the good news is that it is really getting better easily.
In this way, to provide you with the best recommendations. In this part, we will first explain to you how to activate and deactivate it. Then we will show you how to reach its parameters. You will be able to learn about the different settings possible. And the switch if you wish on your Asus ROG so that they correspond to your requirements.
Activate or deactivate the touchpad of your Asus ROG:
On laptops like your Asus ROG, it is essential to be able to activate and deactivate the touchpad. This is really useful if you are using a mouse on your computer. In this way, you can deactivate the touchpad in order to avoid inconsistencies vis-à-vis the mouse.
However, you will see following this tutorial that it is possible to activate and deactivate on your Asus ROG through the Windows 10 settings. The advantage is that you will access a screen with all the configurations. This will allow you to have a visual aspect of the activation or deactivation. However, you will need to perform a few steps for this.
Know that you also have a dedicated key, which will allow you to do it in one step. This will be located within the Fn function keys of your Asus ROG. Usually, the icon will be sufficiently intuitive and recognizable. It will just suffice to press on the latter so as to activate and deactivate the touchpad. When you do this, you can temporarily see the icon at the top of your screen. If, it contains a crossed out sign, this indicates that it was disabled. Otherwise, it mentions its activation.
Access the touchpad settings on an Asus ROG:
- To get to the Windows 10 settings, you have to click on the toothed wheel in the menu To start up.
- Then you will need to select the section ” Peripheral devices “.
- Within it, press the sub-section ” Touchpad “.
- On this window, you can activate and deactivate the touchpad of your Asus ROG. But you will also have access to all the others settings.
- In particular, you will be able to adjust cursor speed with the touchpad.
- But also select a level of sensitivity appropriate.
- Then you can consult the others gestures configured on your touchpad. For example, to know how to do right click, zoom in, switch to another application …
Solve a problem with the touchpad of your Asus ROG:
Know how the touchpad works on an Asus ROG:
As for a keyboard problem on your Asus ROG, if your problem is not due to a bad configuration. In this case, it will usually be a problem updating your touchpad driver.
Indeed, the manufacture of a computer is carried out on a motherboard to which will be connected a set of peripheral devices. In this way, the hard disk, the processor, but also the keyboard, the touchpad… turn out to be peripherals. The latter have a language of their own. Therefore, so that it can communicate with your Windows OS. It is imperative to have a program which translates the information. It is the role of the pilot.
However, the latter is not always updated properly. And this creates execution errors. But it will be very easy to solve this issue. We will detail the steps below.
Update the touchpad driver on your Asus ROG:
- Go to Device Manager. To do this, do not hesitate to use the shortcut keys Windows + X and select it from the context menu.
- In the list, find the section “Mice and other pointing devices”.
- Click on it to open it.
- And perform right click on the touchpad device.
- You will be able to have 2 peripherals in this section if you have connected a mouse on your Asus ROG. Do not worry, it is possible to update the 2 elements. It will only benefit you. In particular, you may correct a mouse problem on your Asus ROG.
- And choose “Update the driver”.
- Finally you will have to select: “Automatically search for drivers”.
To conclude: when you suffer a touchpad problem on your Asus ROG. It could be 2 things. On the one hand, the latter was disabled without realizing it using a shortcut key. Otherwise, the touchpad driver is probably not updated. For both situations, it will really be simple remedy it. If your problem remains, do not hesitate to contact Microsoft support.
If you want other solutions on your Asus ROG, we invite you to go to the tutorials in the category: Asus ROG.