A phone that crashes, unexplained delays or simply need to erase everything to sell it or give it to someone else? This procedure shows how reset a sony xperia phone or tablet, all series combined, which run on Android. Sony’s full range is affected: Xperia XZ, X, XA, Z (Z5, Z3, Z2, Z1, Z), C-series (C5 and older), M-series (M5, M4, M2), E-series ( E4g, E3…), T series (T3…) and the Xperia Z4, Z3 Compact, Z2 and Z Tablet tablets.
First of all, you must back up your photos and check that the synchronization of the calendar and contacts has been completed. This is checked in Settings, Personal group, Accounts, Google: see the date of the last synchronization. The most practical method to save the photos is to connect the Sony to a computer, via the USB port with the original cable which is used to recharge the device, to see it appear as a USB key. From there, we simply copy the images and videos to paste them into our photo library on Windows. Other possibilities exist such as automatic backup by Google Photos which will store everything on the Google / Gmail account.
Reset a Sony Xperia smartphone or tablet
1. Open Settings (cogwheel icon).
2. Go down and press « Backup and reset » :
3. Go to the very bottom, to the “Reset” part to click on “ Restore the original configuration » :
4. A warning message warns that all data will be erased and it will no longer be possible to recover deleted files. To continue and reset the Sony device, scroll down and press the ” Reset phone » :
5. Confirm with ” Erase everything » :
6. A few minutes later, the phone/tablet is like when first started, everything was deleted. It will be necessary to reconfigure the wifi network, add a Google account (Gmail) to recover contacts, calendar, emails and applications from the Google PlayStore (the software to download applications and games, such as Facebook, Candy Crush and company) .