QBasic for Windows 10- All of us know the meaning and uses of programming. In our life, we would have tried or coded a program and were very happy with the output that we would have got. We have heard about many programming languages like JAVA, Python, C, C++ and many such. Out of these programming languages, QBasic stands out and QBasic is the basic programming language anyone has to learn. Every programmer first learns QBasic and then he moves on to the other languages. You can make simple as well complex programs in QBasic.
Now we will read everything about QBasic. Feelings excited then let’s move into the deep information on QBasic.
- 1 QBasic Download Free for Windows 10 (64 bit / 32 bit)
- 1.1 How to Download QBasic for Windows 10?
- 1.2 Features of QBasic
- 1.3 QBasic Editor Screen
- 1.4 Some Basic Useful Commands on QBasic
- 1.5 Applications of QBasic
- 1.6 Advantages of QBasic
- 1.7 Disadvantages of QBasic
QBasic Download Free for Windows 10 (64 bit / 32 bit)
QBasic has licensed freeware software for windows 10 operating system without restrictions. It is a coding language that is available free for all users. QBasic is a programming tool that simplifies the complicated process of coding programming. This tool acts as a compiler that simplifies the coding process of programming. A compiler is a tool that warns you about the coding mistakes that you have made during the coding process.
QBasic for windows 10 is also available and it is a very simple programming language and the programmer feels excited even before starting to code the program. QBasic is the easiest and most used programming language; it is used in schools and also in the business world.
QBasic uses simple commands with strings, integer variable, and simple mathematical expressions. The programs developed by QBasic are not only simple but it is also possible to develop very complex programs in QBasic. It is one of the best programming languages for beginners. If you are a non-programmer you can start programming from QBasic.
How to Download QBasic for Windows 10?
Here are the steps to download and install QBasic for windows 10. Follow the below give steps and successfully download and install QBasic for windows 10.
Step 1: create a sub-directory for QBasic
Create a sub-directory for QBasic and five some name to it (e.g. oldos). This directory is put in the c drive C:\disk.
- Click on the start of your desktop.
- Click on run and in the dialog box type CMD and click on OK. A DOS window will appear.
- Change the root directory to the directory of C: by using CD command followed by \.
- Now you have to make a new directory under C: by using the MKDIR command.
Step 2: Download oldos
- With the help of your web browser go to the site: support.microsoft.com
- Scroll down until you see download oldos.exe now.
- Now click on download oldos.exe and an alert window will pop-up.
- Save the file and click on OK.
- There appears a save as dialog box.
- Now go to the subordinate directory that you have created C:\oldos
- Click on save and the dialog box pop-up which shows the process of saving.
- After downloading click on close.
Step 3: unpack the oldos files
- Go back to the DOS window of step 1.
- Enter the command DIR to see the files of the sub-directory.
- At the command prompt type oldos.exe.
- Answer the question to “Do you want to extract these files now/” by typing “Y”. There appears a long list of files and your subordinate file is present in two files i.e. QBASIC.EXE and QBASIC: HLP.
- To confirm that it works, type qbasic in the DOS window.
- For now, just exit QBasic by typing “escape” then “alt” and then “f”.
- Push the down arrow on your keyboard until “Exit” is highlighted, and then hit “enter”. You will return to the DOS prompt.
Step 4: change the PATH variable
- Click on start, select settings > control panel.
- In control panel double click on system.
- In system properties, click on advanced.
- Then click on the environmental variable.
- Click on “PATH” under “System Variables”.
- Then click on “Exit” and there appears a pop-up window.
- Type a semicolon; after the pathname of the directory where QBASIC.EXE is located in; C:\odos.
- Click ok in environment variables and system properties.
Now you can start QBASIC from any DOS window.
Now you are done installing QBASIC.
Features of QBasic
Here are a few features of QBasic which will help you in getting more information about QBasic.
- It is very easy and simple to learn. There is no complicated process involved in learning QBasic.
- It is the most used programming language.
- It can easily be modified in an existing program.
- The language is easy because it uses some simple English variables and mathematical expressions.
- It does not use the technical term in its expression.
- It automatically checks for the syntax in the expressions.
- It uses the same variable throughout the program.
- The lengthy program can be broken into modules.
QBasic Editor Screen
QBasic editor is the screen where you write and edit the program. The editor provides all the facilities to edit and code the program. The editor screen is divided into four parts. Below are the parts of the editor screen.
- Menu bar
The menu bar consists of the list of programs like file, view, search, run, debug, options and help. The menu also has subparts like file = new, open, save, and so on.
- Program window
The window where you write a program is known as a program window. You see the output in this window by pressing shift + F5 key.
- Immediate window
The window where you test commands, expression, etc and you display output as soon as you press enter is known as an immediate window. This window is also titled as the immediate window.
- Status bar
The status bar shows the location of the cursor and short cut keys on the screen.
Some Basic Useful Commands on QBasic
These are the basic useful commands on QBasic, which will be helpful for you during the coding of a program.
- PRINT: Print command prints the data written after it. If the data to be printed is in a string it must be written inside a (“) and if it is variable it can be written directly.
Example: PRINT “Hello Everyone”
- INPUT: input command is used to take input data from the user. This command can be used to input both string and variables.
INPUT [“name of the person”]; [Raghav]
- CLS: CLS means to clear the screen and it used to clear all the previous outputs.
Applications of QBasic
QBasic has various application in our life below we have listed a few applications.
- QBasic is one of the simplest programming languages. It is designed in such a way that people need not worry about the working of the computer.
- QBasic is a very simple and easy application and can be used to create a business application, games, and even a simple database. It also offers commands which will let the programmer draw.
- QBasic also creates a sound of the desired frequency and only one sound can be played at a time.
Advantages of QBasic
QBasic is a very simple and easy programming language and it has various advantages.
- The features of this programming language have resemblance with English.
- The syntax of the code gets automatically checked.
- It has a feature of very dynamic programming debug.
- It is also possible to break lengthy programs into small modules.
Disadvantages of QBasic
Along with advantages QBasic also has some disadvantages. The disadvantages of QBasic have been listed below:
- There is no proper structure for the language.
- QBasic has a DOS feature and has limitations to only in the field of education and programming.
QBasic is a get way to become a programmer and a software developer. It is a very powerful language and is very simple and easy. QBasic is free to download for any user. I have learned a lot from QBasic and feeling very excited to code more programs on QBasic. It is a very exciting programming language and the user does not get bored of coding programs on QBasic. You can also write any program of your choice just by following the commands of the QBasic programming language. You have got a lot of information on QBasic and now it’s the time to download and install QBasic and code programs.