Tired of being added to Telegram groups and channels without your permission? You do not need to uninstall the application. The alternative messaging app to WhatsApp, gives you the possibility of prevent any user from adding you to a group or channel.
It is important to clarify that this function is present in almost all messaging apps. A clear example of this is WhatsApp, a platform that also allows you to prevent others from adding you to groups.
So you can avoid being added to Telegram groups without your permission
- The first thing you have to do is open the Telegram app from your phone.
- Within the messaging app in question, you must click on the three horizontal stripes which are located at the top left of the screen.
- A menu with several options will be displayed, click on the one that says “Settings”.
- Enter the section that says “Privacy & Security”.
- Therefore, you will have to press “Groups and channels”.
- In the section that says “Who can add me?”, you will have to choose the option “My contacts.”
- And finally, you must give the popcorn which is located at the top right of the screen.
Do they keep adding you to Telegram groups and channels without your consent?
If after having configured your account as we show you in the tutorial above, they keep adding you to Telegram groups and channels without your permission, we regret to inform you that some of your contacts are “Crossing the line” with you.
Luckily, Telegram also allows you prevent your own contacts from adding you to groups. To do this, you must perform these steps that we leave you below:
- Inside the call screen “Groups and channels” from Telegram, you will have to click on the option “Do not allow”, which is located in “Add exceptions.”
- Select the contact (s) that you think they are adding you to groups without your permission.
- To confirm the changes, you must give the popcorn that appears at the top right of the screen.
Without much more to add, in case no solution has worked for you (We doubt that this is the case), you must block the contact who is doing this “evil”.