Hewlett-Packardnow HP Inc. for its PC division, follows the downward trend in sales of tablets and puts on the hybrid computer, between laptop and slate. The detachable Elite X2 1012 relies on performance and manufacturing quality to attract companies and thus equip nomads with machines that are as beautiful as they are efficient.
HP Elite x2 1012 Technical Specifications
- Intel Core M (Skylake) m3-6Y30 or m5-6Y54 processor
- 4 or 8 GB of RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 515 graphics chipset
- SSD storage of 128, 256 and soon 512GB
- 12-inch screen with 1920×1280 resolution
- 1 USB Type-C port and 1 classic USB 3.0 port
- MicroSD slot
- Micro SIM module (optional) for 3G/4G connectivity
- 5mp rear and 2mp front camera
- Fingerprint reader on the screen
- Windows 10 Home or Professional
- Announced autonomy of 10 hours
- Dimensions: 29.97 x 21.33 x 1.52 cm (half as thick for the screen alone)
- Weight: 816g for the tablet and 1.26kg for the set
To hold the screen in tablet mode, a kickstand allows the HP Elite x2 1012 to be tilted up to 150°.
Note that the first RAM module is soldered to the motherboard (onboard) so that the 8GB version is equipped with a removable bar.
The 12-inch panel is not in the classic 16:9 format like PC monitors. With its 1920 x1280 resolution, there is a 4:3 format like “square”, cathode and LCD screens.
The replacement for the HP x2 1011 has also modified the attachment system between screen and keyboard, in favor of a magnetic connection that is less fragile and more practical to use. The previous connector can be seen on our HP Envy x2 review.
With this Elise x2 1012, HP is clearly targeting a professional clientele capable of putting more than 1000€ in a laptop. If the on-board components are of high quality, it will be necessary to face the direct competitor Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and anticipate the other brands which will soon present their new products for 2016.