To protect access to the internet browser and stored passwords, Firefox offers to configure a master password. This is requested to confirm authorization to the password database. In the event that we have lost this main password, we can reset it (set a new one) but we lose all the passwords saved so far, it is a security to prevent someone from malicious can find your Mozilla Firefox passwords.
For reset firefox master password, it is necessary delete it then recreate it.
Clear Firefox Browser Master Password
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. In the address bar, type or copy:
3. A message asks if we wish clear password Firefox main.
4. A message indicates that the operation was successful.
Set a new master password in Firefox
1. Reopen the Mozilla Firefox program.
2. Click on the button that represents three bars at the top right and choose Options.
3. Click on the tab Security.
4. On the right, tick the line ” Use master password » .
5. Set this password (by combining upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters).
6. The main password has been taken into account to secure Firefox, the browser is protected again.