Your Minecraft Lan not working? the Game long ago introduced the possibility to create a local server in your own world, and everyone on your local network will be able to connect to your server. In general, everything is simple, but there are many limitations,
- 1 What does “Minecraft lan not working” mean?
- 2 Why is Minecraft Lan not working?
- 2.1 Solution 1. Allow the application to access Windows firewall
- 2.2 Solution 2: Disable third-party antivirus software
- 2.3 Solution 3. Enable network discovery
- 2.4 Solution 4. Connect to the same network and the same server
- 2.5 Solution 5. Disable AP isolation
- 2.6 Solution 6. Delete all Mods
- 2.7 Solution 7. Reinstall Minecraft
What does “Minecraft lan not working” mean?
LAN does not work means that your interconnections are empty. Your computer does not have internet access.
Your question could be: What does LAN mean?
LAN is the abbreviation for Local Area Network.
There are two types. the standard network is the one who is cable and connected by Ethernet cables.
On the other hand, there are also the wireless like Wi-Fi connections.
In the minecraft game, some users face problems related to the non-functioning.
But, that does not mean that your computer does not have access to internet connection. This error means that the application is not able to to use the connection.
[8 Solutions] The USB Port Does Not Work Any More: What to Do?
Why is Minecraft Lan not working?
the Minecraft LAN is not working is a big problem for players. It does not allow you to play online with your friends.
But don’t worry about this problem because it is quite easy to fix.
[8 Solutions] Your Keyboard No longer writes Letters?
Solution 1. Allow the application to access Windows firewall
Windows firewall often blocks Minecraft to use the Internet if we don’t give it access.
You can see Windows security alert at the time of the opening of the game for the first time.
If you clicked on Allow access. Then it’s perfect.
If you haven’t or if you haven’t seen the message at all then, here are the steps for allow access to an application from the Windows firewall:
- Open the Control Panel by searching in the search bar.
- Go to System and security.
- Select Windows firewall.
- Click on Allow an application or feature through Windows Firewall defender from the left side of the panel.
- Click on the button Modify the parameters, then check the box next to javaw.exe.
And there you go, it’s done. Now you can check if the LAN is working or not.
If so, congratulations. If not, the next steps will surely be for you.
[4 Solutions] Solve PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR Firefox
Solution 2: Disable third-party antivirus software
Users with third-party antivirus utilities may need to deactivate them. Most of third-party antivirus software include deactivation options in their context menus that users can select.
So, click with the right button mouse over icon the system tray so that antivirus utility opens its context menu.
Then select an option to shield deactivation there to turn it off for at least an hour. Select an option to disable the firewall if the context menu has one.
[6 Solutions] Origin Online Login Currently Unavailable
Solution 3. Enable network discovery
It’s a pretty straightforward process. So, let’s not talk too much and get straight to the point:
- Open the control panel by performing a search.
- Go to Network and Internet, then open the Network and Sharing Center. In the left part of the window you will see an option Change advanced sharing settings ; click on it.
- Check the option Enable discovery below the part Network discovery.
Try to you connect and check if it works for you or not.
Solution 4. Connect to the same network and the same server
Make sure that you and your friends play minecraft using same wifi
If your PC or your game console is connected to different WiFi, this problem may not be resolved.
The connection of all users the same local network will definitely help you.
If you have done this step, then you need to make sure of another thing, which is to disable the isolation of the AP if you use Wi-Fi routers.
[4 Solutions] Unable to Delete Bing on Windows 10?
Solution 5. Disable AP isolation
After completely completing the previous step, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R button.
- Type cmd and click on OK.
- Press on Enter key when the command window opens, you have to type ipconfig.
- Type ping [adresse IP de l’ordinateur du joueur hôte] then press Entrance. You can now see the IP address of different computers.
For example : If the two computers have IP addresses like 10.0.0.88 and 10.0.0.87, you will have to type ping 10.0.0.87 on the first computer and 10.0.0.88 on the second.
Hope this step worked for you. Let us know in the ” Comments ” below.
If none of these steps helped you, you can be sure your game has a problem and the next steps are to troubleshoot your game.
[6 Solutions] My Internal Hard Drive is not showing
Solution 6. Delete all Mods
Mods are great and playing with them is more fun, but they cause various problems. This may be the main reason behind your LAN connection problem with the app.
Although all Mods don’t cause these issues, but some of them really do.
So it is better to remove all mods from the game to resolve this problem.
Again, if you play without any mod but what are youbeing a partner / friend does it, it can also cause problems.
To resolve this issue, try to make sure that you do not use any mod or that you both use the same mod.
Solution 7. Reinstall Minecraft
Occasionally, your game data is corrupted and it causes you a lot of trouble besides this non-functioning error.
Uninstall the app and proceed to a new facility can definitely help you solve this problem.
For uninstall the application, you have to go to the Pring configuration> programs and features> select minecraft and click uninstall.
Again, you can download the app as you did previously from the shop.