Microsoft recently unveiled new versions of the Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets. Oriented towards the general public, the first simply becomes a tablet ” Microsoft Surface “While the second retains its name for professionals:” Microsoft Surface Pro “. Thinner and prettier, the new generation of Surface tablets must meet commercial success to establish Microsoft in the high-end tablet market.
The Surface 2 embeds an Nvidia Tegra 4 processor which allows better performance and autonomy that approaches ten hours without recharging. The touch screen keeps its size of 10.6 inches but the resolution goes from 1366 × 768 to 1920 × 1080. The rear webcam goes to 5 megapixels and the front one 3.5mp. The USB port will be at standard 3.0 and Windows RT 8.1 will already be installed.
- 32GB of storage: 439 €
- 64GB of storage: € 539
Surface Pro 2
The Surface Pro 2 offers a fourth generation Intel i5 processor, also more powerful. If more muscular configurations are now offered, the price can quickly double with the larger SSD and 8GB of RAM. The Pro retains its FullHD screen resolution (1920 × 1080), the USB port switches to 3.0 and Windows Pro 8.1 will of course be pre-installed.
- 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM: 879 €
- 128GB of storage and 4GB of RAM: 979 €
- 256GB of storage and 8GB of RAM: € 1,279
- 512GB of storage and 8GB of RAM: € 1,779
Some new things seem interesting .. but expensive:
- a second position of the rear stand
- a docking station to quickly connect an external screen, an RJ45 port and a real keyboard (199 €)
- a cigarette lighter charger for nomads in the car (49 €)
- the Touch Cover and Type Cover protection keyboards which are now backlit (119 and 129 €)
- a wireless adapter for Touch Cover and Type Cover (still 59 €)
- an Arc Touch Surface mouse that connects via Bluetooth (69 €)
These tablets will be marketed from October 22 and will integrate Windows 8.1 (which will be released a few days earlier).