You’ve purchased an Office 365 Personal or Home subscription. Your company has Office 365 Business Premium or E3 licenses for workstations and you are authorized to install the office suite on a home computer. Your company is switching to Office 365 and you need to install the new software pack yourself. For all these reasons and more, this tutorial explains how download and install the Microsoft Office 365 pack directly from the internet. The procedure is very simple and you just need to follow this guide to have Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams and other Microsoft office suite software. This manual was produced on Windows 10 but the procedure is identical on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
If you do not yet have a corporate subscription or if you have not already taken out a family subscription for Office 365, the procedure will require you to go through the “purchase” box since the Microsoft Office 365 pack is not available. not free. On the other hand, there is software Free Word and Excel for Windows 10.
Install the Office 365 package on Windows
1. On the computer, close all Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and open an internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge).
2. Go to the site https://www.office.com
3. Click on the white button ” Log in In the middle of the screen.
4. To log in with the email address provided by the company.
Optional: if your company has imposed a change of password from the first connection, this operation will be requested at this time.
Also, if the IT department requests the configuration of two-factor authentication, you will need to enter a mobile phone number (professional or personal) as well as another e-mail address (not the company e-mail but a backup one, for example). example a personal e-mail address in @ gmail.com Where @ hotmail.fr). However, we can temporarily “cancel” this request, but messages will come back to reinforce this strengthening of security.
5. Skip the three screens that present the new Office 365 tools.
6. At the top right of the screen, click on the ” Install Office ” and ” Office 365 apps “:
7. A small file downloads (Setup….). Open this file and ” Allow the app to make changes on the device “: Yes.
8. An orange Office screen appears on the screen, followed by another screen that displays the progress of the installation of the Office pack. The download and installation will be done automatically, there will be no option to configure nor any serial number to enter. The duration of this operation depends on the quality of the internet connection and the performance of the computer.
9. A notification and message warn that the installation is complete.
10. The Windows Start menu now contains new shortcuts to Office 365 applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
11. Open Word to check that the software works correctly and that you are recognized correctly (welcome message, then first name last name indicated at the top right of the screen).
12. Accept the License Agreement Office 365.
13. Choose the ” Default file types ” in ” Office Open XML Formats »And validate by okay.
14. Microsoft Office 365 software is installed correctly and the license is activated. The connection to the OneDrive cloud is prepared and the configuration of Outlook email can be done in a few clicks. The other applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) do not require further authentication.
Skype for Business and / or Microsoft Teams are part of the Office 365 package. These communication tools require an additional login to identify themselves on the network.