The Chromecast service allows us send series, movies, documentaries, videos, live broadcasts, and even allows us to simultaneously reproduce the screen of our mobile phone on TV, being very useful when we want to watch something, sending it to the biggest screen in our home.
If you just bought a SmartTV with Chromecast or a Chromecast Dongle, with this article you will learn how to get the most out of them. Let us begin!
What do you need to successfully cast Twitch on Chromecast?
Google Chromecast, allows us to send live broadcasts from our computer or mobile phone to the television screen instantly. To view content on Twitch, just like on any social network, you will need to log in with your account on their official website or in its application for mobile devices. So if you don’t have an account yet, you should know how to sign up for Twitch and proceed to create your account.
Before continuing with the steps to follow, it is necessary to comply with some minimum requirements that will allow us to link Chromecast with the device that we want to use correctly, in such a way that it is necessary:
- Make sure the smart TV be compatible with Chromecast. In the case of using a Chromecast dongle, we must make sure that it is well connected to the television.
- Connect the mobile device and the Chromecast service to the same stable Wi-Fi network.
How can Twitch be sent to a Chromecast?
You must bear in mind that in order to project the broadcasts you need to know how to log in to Twitch from your mobile device or PC, since in order to start watching Twitch content from our TV, You must be connected from the application. After logging in, we can continue with the steps to follow:
- TV on, you will need to open Twitch on your mobile device. Being there inside we will press the Cast icon at the top of the screen to transmit on the TV.
- We will select the screen on which we want to transmit, and followed by that, a message will appear on the television. message that says it’s ready to broadcast.
- Once the previous steps have been completed, we only have to select a stream within the application and it will automatically play on the TV.
Now you can enjoy streaming from your favorite creators on your connected TV with surround sound from your mobile phone.
From a Mac computer
If you don’t have the Twitch app on your smartphone, you can also cast the streams you want to watch to your TV using Google Chrome on your computer. Your computer needs connected to the same Wi-Fi network than your Smart TV or Chromecast dongle to be able to launch the direct ones from your computer. To send a broadcast from your Mac computer with Chromecast, you will need to follow the following steps:
- On your computer, open your browser and go to the Twitch website.
- Once done, sign in with your account, or create a new one if you are new to the service.
- Select the stream you want to watch with Chromecast on your TV.
- Inside the direct, at the bottom in the play bar you will find the ‘Cast’ icon to start playing on your TV. If, on the contrary, the icon does not appear, at the top of the browser, we will press the three-point menu, and then we will select the option Cast Tab
- Once this is done, the transmission will automatically be played on your TV screen.
With a Windows PC
To launch Twitch from a Windows PC, you must go to the web address of the platform and log in just like we did with the Mac computer. After having entered the official Twitch website, we will complete the following steps to be able to broadcast on our TV with Chromecast:
- Once you’re signed in, you can select the stream you want to stream on TV with Chromecast.
- Already being in the live you selected, at the bottom of the live playback bar you will press the Cast icon to start playing on your TV. In the same way, if, on the contrary, the icon does not appear, in the upper part of the browser we will press the three-point menu, and then we will select the Cast Tab option in Google Chrome.
- After you’ve followed these steps, the stream will start playing automatically on your TV screen.
While you play the broadcast from your TV and interact with the live chat, you will also be able to donate bits and cheers to support your favorite streamer, adding a message that you want to give, as a show of support for its content. Now you can enjoy the broadcasts of your favorite Twitch content creators, from your TV thanks to the Chromecast service by connecting from your computer.