Tinder is one of the most used social networks to find a partner. This social network is constantly growing and evolving, proof of this is the new function that was added. This function is the Music Mode, which allows people to show and share musical tastes so that other users can get to know them and match even faster, if you don’t already know. How to use Tinder’s ‘Music Mode’ and find a partner using Spotify? We will tell you how to do it.
In the social network Tinder you can share your musical tastes, this by linking this account with Spotify, achieving this is very simple, you have to perform the following procedure:
From the computer
- Open the official Tinder page on your computer and access your account, if you still don’t have a Tinder account, don’t worry, you can do it, you just have to link your Facebook account to create the account.
- Within your account go to your profile, to do this, click on the icon with your photo.
- In your profile you will find the option Edit information, This is shown with a pencil icon, with your mousse pressed on it.
- A new window will open, in it look for the Spotify icon, when you get it, select it.
- After doing the above, you will be sent to the section Top artists on Spotify, there click on the option Add Spotify to my profile.
- You will be asked if you grant permission to connect Tinder profile with Spotify profile (analyze the warnings) if you agree, grant the permission, after a list of your favorite artists will begin to be displayed on your profile.
With the mobile app
- Open the Tinder application on your mobile phone.
- Go to your profile, to achieve this click on the icon with your photo located in the upper left,
- After entering your profile you will find a pencil icon, click on it to edit your information, in this same section you can also modify your profile name
- Next you will be shown a new screen, find and press the Spotify icon.
- You will be sent to the Most listened artists section on Spotify, there you will find the option Add Spotify to my profile, press on it.
- You will be sent to a new window where the warnings of this link will be displayed, analyze them and if you agree to allow Tinder to access your profile on Spotify, click on the Allow option. After doing this, Tinder will begin to show on your profile a list of the artists you listen to the most. You can select this list to edit which artists you want to show and which ones you don’t.
How does the ‘Music Mode’ work on your Tinder account?
After merging Spotify with Tinder, this first one provides you with information about the music and artists that you listen to the most and then it will show in a list on your profile on Tinder in the same way, it places the song you listen to the most as an anthem. (this song can be modified).
The music mode of Spotify takes this information and when you review a profile on Tinder of a person with the same taste, the favorite song in common will be played for a little more than 20 seconds, the same happens when a person is reviewing your profile this has your same musical taste. This new function is available to each and every one of the users of the social network Tinder, but only in countries that have access permissions to Spotify.
What should you do to use this mode in your Tinder matches?
To activate this mode in Tinder you must first link your Spotify account with your Tinder profileTo achieve this you must go to your profile, click on the Edit information option, look for the Spotify icon, connect the two accounts and grant the permissions.
After completing the above, you can activate the Musical Mode, to achieve this you must enter the Tinder application, within it go to the Explore section, select the Musical Mode option there, within this option activate this function also click on Listen Now , select where your favorite song is indicated, the one that most characterizes you.
You will be able to do this as long as you have the Spotify account linked to Tinder profile. By doing this you can get a faster match, if you still do not match with this option do not worry remember that you can chat with someone if you have made a match.