If you don’t use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch, why not turn it off? There is a quick and easy way to do this. While Siri is a great virtual assistant and can find and retrieve many types of information and make your workflow easier, it isn’t for everyone.
You can disable Siri on your Apple devices so that neither you nor anyone else can accidentally open it. You can also delete all of your voice data that Apple has stored from your Siri voice commands.
You won’t be able to use Siri once you disable it. However, you can always re-enable it to use it again. We’ll show you how to do that.
- 1 How to turn off Siri on iPhone or iPad
- 2 How to turn off Siri on a Mac
- 3 How to turn off Siri on Apple Watch
- 4 How to disable Siri while setting up a new device
- 5 How to turn Siri back on
- 6 Not using Siri? say goodbye to him
How to turn off Siri on iPhone or iPad
You can disable Siri and delete all Siri audio recordings from Apple’s servers using the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Disable Siri on your iPhone or iPad
If you want to stop Siri from working completely, here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and tap Siri and Search.
- Disable the slider next to “Press the side button to start Siri.. If you have an iPhone with a Home button, it will be called Press the Home Button to start Siri instead. To prevent Siri from responding to the side button or home button
- Next, also turn off the slider next to Listen to “Hey Siri”.
- You will see a prompt on your screen. Click the option Turn off Siri At this prompt and Siri will be completely disabled.
- Also disable Allow Siri when locked if you want that.
You will now be unable to run the default Apple Assistant on your iOS device. If you want to disable only one of these options, you can do so without completely disabling Siri. Take a look at this page for other options you can disable without turning off Siri completely.
2. Remove your voice data from Apple’s servers
Apple records what you say to Siri and stores it on the company’s servers. Since you are turning off Siri completely, you may want to remove your Siri recordings from Apple’s possession as well.
Starting with iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2, you can delete Siri recordings by heading to Settings
-> Siri & Search -> “Siri & Dictation History” and then press “Delete Siri and Dictation history”.
However, if you are using an older version of iOS or iPadOS, you will need to turn off the dictation feature on your device to delete your Siri recordings. You can do this as follows:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and head to
عام -> لوحة المفاتيح.
- Scroll down and you will find an option that says Enable dictation. Turn it off by clicking on it.
- Click Turn off dictation At the prompt on your screen.
Dictation must be disabled, which will remove your voice data from Apple’s servers.
How to turn off Siri on a Mac
Siri is less useful on a Mac because you have a keyboard and mouse to fully control it. It’s best to disable functions that you don’t use on your device, you can disable Siri and clear Siri recordings from Apple servers on your Mac.
1. Disable Siri on a Mac
Like iOS, you need to open the Settings panel on your Mac to disable Siri:
- Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner and select System Preferences.
- Locate Siri in the resulting screen.
- You should see a checkbox titled Enable Ask Siri. Uncheck this box and Siri will be disabled on your Mac.
2. Remove your voice data from Apple’s servers
Now that you have Siri turned off on your Mac, you will need to remove Siri audio recordings from Apple’s servers.
If you are using a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later, you can head over to
تفضيلات النظام -> Siri and tap Delete Siri History and Dictation to remove your recordings.
If you’re using an older version of macOS, follow these steps to disable Dictation and get rid of Siri history from Apple’s servers:
- Click Keyboard in the System Preferences panel.
- Select tab dictation.
- Choose Off next to the Dictation option, which will disable the feature on your Mac.
How to turn off Siri on Apple Watch
You can disable Siri on your Apple Watch using the Watch app for iPhone or with the watch itself.
On your Apple Watch, head to
"الإعدادات" -> Siri , and disable both Listen to “Hey Siri” , And “Raise the clock to speak” , press the Digital Crown, and tap Turn off Siri in the prompt message.
To do this from your iPhone, open the Watch app, and go to
"الإعدادات" -> Siri , and turn off both Listen to “Hey Siri” , And “Raise the clock to speak” , And “Press the Digital Crown” , and click Turn off Siri in the prompt message.
You can disable dictation on your watch by going to
"الإعدادات" -> General -> Dictation And turn off the slider next to dictation.
You can delete Siri and Dictation interactions currently associated with your Apple Watch from Apple servers. Open the “Settings” app” class=””>
on Apple Watch and tap Siri, Click on Siri history log, then press Delete Siri History.
How to disable Siri while setting up a new device
When you set up a new Apple device, your device is asked to set up Siri at a certain point. If you don’t plan to use Siri on this new device, it’s best to turn it off from the start.
When asked to configure Siri, just choose Set up Siri later. This way, the virtual assistant will still be disabled.
How to turn Siri back on
If at any time you want to bring Siri back to your devices, you can do so by going to the same settings described above that you used to disable Siri. From there, enable the Turn on Siri option and you can use the feature again.
Not using Siri? say goodbye to him
As mentioned, Siri provides a convenient way to find information and retrieve content. However, not everyone likes it. If you prefer another virtual assistant, or don’t need it, the above methods will allow you to get rid of Siri from your Apple devices.
If you are disabling Siri because it is not working on your iPhone, it is worth checking out the possible solutions to fix it first.