Google photos has several functions that are very useful to manage images, one of these functions that it has is to hide sensitive photos and videos, since prevent other people from seeing private photos of your phone, and if you later want to see your photos, you will only have to perform a few simple steps to see the hidden folders within Google photos, however, keep in mind that this function is only available for mobile devices.
If you want to see the private folders in Google photos, you have to know that you will not be able to use some functions, This is to prevent sensitive photos or videos that you have in your private folders from being displayed by mistake.
- The photos in your private folder cannot be added or moved to an album or photo book.
- Edit or undo changes made to a photo before it was moved to Private Folder.
- You will not be able to share photos in other applications like Instagram or Facebook.
- Photos in your private folder will not be able to move to the trash folder
- You will not be able to add the backup copies of your photos to the cloud.
- You will not be able to take a screenshot in these folders, since the hidden folders have these functions blocked.
What should you know before seeing private folders in Google photos?
If you want to see the private folders in Google photos, you have to know that you will not be able to use some functions, since unlike a common folder where you can use all the functions, in the hidden folders you will not be able to use the functions of sharing photos, you will not be able to add the backup copies of your photos to the cloud, and also you will not be able to make a screenshot in these folders, since hidden folders have these functions blocked.
You should know that the hidden folders function does not allow you to share your photos, nor does it allow you to create a backup copy of your photos, this is because the Google platform blocks the sharing function and disables the automatic copy of Google Photos, for it will basically be the only file you have so you can lose your photos forever, if you delete them from your hidden folder In addition, you will only be able to see the photos in your private folder when you unlock it with the unlock method you have chosen.
Screenshot is not allowed in these folders
The hidden folders do not allow you to take a screenshot this is for prevent someone from capturing your photos, so you should bear in mind that if you want to take a screenshot of the photos in your private folder, you must use another device and then take a photo to the device where your photo is located.
- Log into your Google account.
- Access your Google Photos account, to do so, you must click on the dotted icon that is on the left side of your user’s photo, and then select the Google Photos icon.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to the lower right corner and click on the “Library” icon.
- Then you must click on the “Utilities” option, and all the hidden folders will appear ordered by creation date.
- Select the hidden folder you want to see.
- Later you will have to unlock your folder depending on the unlocking method you have chosen, either by entering a PIN code, or by placing your fingerprint.
If you then create and configure a private folder in Google Photos, and you decide to move one photos or more photos, to that folder, the platform Google photos will remove shared visibility of all the photos that you have transferred to your hidden folder, so they will no longer be visible in your main gallery and in the rest of the applications that are connected to your Google Photos gallery, and you will only be able to see them, if you access your hidden folder.
- 1 Who can see the hidden folders in Google photos?
- 2 What should you know before seeing private folders in Google photos?
- 3 How can you see the hidden folders that you have in Google photos?
- 4 Why can’t you see hidden photos in Google photos?