Google Maps is undoubtedly the most popular online mapping service in the world. It is a Google service that allows users to consult information about road conditions, personal or public transport navigation anywhere in the world.
Like most of Google’s digital services, Google Maps is available as a separate website, but also on mobile devices like Android and iOS as a separate app. However, there is a feature on Google Maps that is very little known to users, because the Google firm has not made it practical to use; This is the save route feature in Google Maps. With such an option, the user no longer needs an Internet connection to consult the place where he has to go.
Not being a feature of Google Maps well known to everyone, many people still do not know how to use it. If you’re one of them, here’s how you can save a route to Google Maps and view it offline.
The steps to save a route on Google Maps
Before we begin, it should be clarified that although you have the ability to plan or create your route even in the smallest detail, the ability to save the route has only given you on an Android or iOS mobile device. It just means you can’t save a route to Google Maps from a computer. However, you can create a route on your computer and send the instructions to your smartphone to save it.
Save a route to Google Maps on Android and iOS
- To get started, open the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
- Touch the route icon located in the lower right corner.
- Then select your starting point, i.e. your current position. To do this, simply enter the city to choose the place of departure.
- Once the place of departure has been selected, you must choose your destination.
- Once the destination has been chosen, the Google Maps application draws up your route in the form of a line.
- Now all you have to do is save the route so you can use it later.
- To save your route, you must tap on the 3 vertical dots located at the top of your screen in the upper right corner.
- On the list that will appear on the screen, you must choose “Add route to home screen“.
- Then you can return to the home screen to view your route.
Recording a route with Google Maps for a road trip
If you feel like taking a long drive, Google Maps is the best way you can use to save a route with all the points of interest you want. It’s also a service you can use to save multiple destinations at once.
To create a road trip map, you must press “Create a new map» or on the icon «+“. Next, you need to name your card. Below the search box, tap the “Add a route» and save your different destinations in the route fields. You can add as many destinations as you want.
As soon as you have finished adding your destinations, you can now access “Your places” by going to Google Maps. Then you need to touch Maps and select the map you named. Finally, you should tap route to display the best way to get to your destinations.