Downloading different types of applications on Google Play for our devices is always quick and easy, but at the same time there are certain restrictions on some of these, since in the world of technology a very important aspect must be taken into account, which is security and this usually happens in computers that were designed exclusively for children, in which it is not convenient for them to have free access to the full range of apps that are available on this platform for child safety issues.
How can apps be installed on Leapfrog Epic?
The Leapfrog Epic is an Android-based tablet, designed exclusively for children from 3 to 9 years old, in this it is possible to download and install different applications, including Google Play, taking into account that some permissions and controls to be able to perform that action. With these following steps you will realize how it is done.
- First of all, access the home screen.
- Enter the parent icon located in the upper right.
- A series of options will appear, including Device, located in the upper right, click there.
- then Security.
- At the bottom you will see a warning option called Unknown sources, which you should take into account for security issues and allow third-party installation.
- Tap the App Center option that appears in the center menu.
- Head over to the APK Mirror download site.
- Download the latest version for Leapfrog Epic.
- Once downloaded, tap on the app to open it.
- A box will appear for you to confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is confirmed, tap on Next and then on Install, in this way a message will appear that says: “Application installed”.
How to disable ‘unknown sources’ in Leapfrog Epic to install Google Play?
unknown sources is a warning option that will appear on your device at the time you are performing the download and installation procedure of Google Play or other third-party applications, whose function is to control and provide security to the device against the different apps that can be added there freely, since that this type of tablet should be limited in this aspect because it is used by minors.
There are times when we need to have access to some of those third-party applications, but the same device brings limitations by defaultmaking installations restricted and therefore it is necessary to disable unknown sources, as long as you as a parent have proper control and supervision.
Disable parental control
- Enter the home screen of the device again.
- Tap on Settings and accounts.
- Then in Device Settings.
- Select on Security.
- Then on Unknown Sources, making Parental Controls toggle off and you’re good to go.
What to do to download and install Google Play on your Android device?
There are times when your device, for one reason or another, does not have integrated the Google Play applicationeither because it is not pre-installed by default or perhaps it is completely outdated or because it was simply uninstalled by mistake, but for this there are methods in which you can easily obtain or recover it, following the steps below.
- Locate stores that your Android device brings by default.
- Once you’ve found the store, launch it and look for a feature called “Google Installer” there.
- Follow the steps that are asked of you and voila, the app will be installed quickly.
- Another method in case your mobile does not get that default store, is to search for the APK Mirror from Google Play Store.
- Download the latest version.
- Copy the APK file to your device.
- Proceed to install it and voila.
What happens if you remove Google Play services on your device?
The answer is simple, removing these services will help free up space like other applications by avoiding an overload of unnecessary files on the device.
By performing this service removal, you run the risk that your device will give you trouble by presenting an error, so you must know how to do it, since most of the other apps that you have need to be updated, otherwise they would not work as they should.
What is the way to recover your Play Store account on your Leapfrog Epic?
If in a given case you delete your Google Play account, you can reinstall it without any problem, by entering the APK download site with the same procedure as how to install the app on Leapfrog Epic, but it will ask you to set up again and log in.
- 1 How can apps be installed on Leapfrog Epic?
- 2 How to disable ‘unknown sources’ in Leapfrog Epic to install Google Play?
- 3 What to do to download and install Google Play on your Android device?
- 4 What happens if you remove Google Play services on your device?
- 5 What is the way to recover your Play Store account on your Leapfrog Epic?