With iOS, by activating the autocorrect function you can write and complete sentences in a comfortable and safe way. To the autocorrect your keyboard dictionary checks you and automatically corrects the misspelled words you write. The autocorrect in iOS is a tool widely used by users for a long time. Here we will teach you how to make sure that this function is activated on your iPhone and iPad devices.
How does the spell checker work on an iOS device?
To use this feature on your iOS device, all you have to do is type a text and use the spell checker. As you write the words, it automatically corrects those with spelling errors. To verify that this feature is active on your iPhone device, perform the following steps:
- First, enter the Settings app, tap General and then Keyboard.
- Next, you must activate Autocorrect and in a stipulated way this alternative will be activated on your phone.
If you want to add words to the dictionary of the iPhone device, we show you below the procedure of how to do it:
- First, go to the settings section of your phone and choose General.
- Then click on ‘Keyboards’.
- Within the new box you choose ‘Text substitution’.
- Press the figure ‘More’ and enter the word you want to add and click ‘Save’.
You can also automatically replace sentences if you prefer. Follow the steps that we offer you here, to activate this function on your iPad phone, but first do the following:
- First you need to go to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Then click on the General section and then on Keyboard.
- Finally, you must activate the option ‘Autocorrect’.
Next, you can manage the text replacement from your iPad device with the procedure that we offer you below:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ app.
- Go to the General section and then to Keyboard.
- Click on the option ‘Replace text’.
- To add a replacement, click on the figure add ‘+’.
- Then, you write the sentence and the function quickly and click on ‘Save’.
If you have an iPhone device and would like to have your photos organized in albums in order to have better access to the photos of your choice. To do this, we recommend learning how to organize the photos on your iPhone in an album model.
What do you have to do to see the spell checker on iOS?
The spell checker in both iPhone and iPad phones are very useful and necessary when you have difficulties to be sure of writing a word correctly, and not have to underline a large part of your text in red, to find this alternative, perform the following process:
- You should go to ‘Settings’.
- Then choose the ‘AutoCorrect’ option.
- Following, activate ‘Check Spelling’, then, click on the sheet and click on close the controls.
- Touch the misspelled word and you choose the correctly spelled word.
How can you get the spell checker on your iOS device?
You can check spelling in the keyboard menu of your iPhone, with this alternative you manually check the spelling errors made in the words of a text. If you want to repair each word, follow the process that we offer:
From keyboard options
Manually check each misspelled word for misspelling using the following steps:
- First go to ‘Edit’ and choose the ‘Spelling’ section.
- Then, click on ‘Check Spelling’.
- Next, tap on the secondary icon of the text element.
- Then scroll down to ‘Spelling’ in order to observe the alternative ‘Check spelling’.
You can also check the spelling of your text automatically with the following procedure: first, go to ‘Edit’ and choose ‘Spelling’, then click ‘Check Spelling’. Then tap on the secondary icon of the text element. Then scroll down to ‘Spelling’ and finally choose ‘Automatic Spell Correction’.
Currently cartoon filters have become popular on social media and if you would like to be in trend, you should know how to turn into a Cartoon using Voilà AI Artist, which you will find in the App Store.
What other tools exist besides the spelling and grammar checker in iOS?
Get to know other tools in addition to the spelling and grammar checker in iOS, so you can correct your texts and thus achieve content free of spelling and grammatical errors:
Activate predictive text
Predictive text is a tool that allows you to write and finish complete sentences using just several touches:
- If you want to activate the predictive text tool, you must put pressure on the emoji with the smiling face or the figure of the globe.
- Then click on the Keyboard Settings section, followed by activating Predictive. And ready.
Note: Otherwise, if you want to deactivate the Predictive alternative, go to Settings, then General and then Keyboard and deactivate Predictive.
The Safari app is another tool to use on iOS that allows you to access the Web and find app sites. With it, you can add words as well as find necessary information from your iOS devices. To find Safari, perform the following steps:
- Press and choose the section ‘Search in the page’.
- After, you must enter the word in the search box.
- Once there, click to access other references.
Using the dictionary with Safari is another alternative to write your writings online, in the different social networks. Use the following steps:
- First, scroll to the ‘Settings’ section, then click on ‘General’ and choose the alternative ‘Keyboards’.
- Already in the new options panel, click ‘Text substitution’.
- Next, tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- To finish, insert the word you want and click on the ‘Save’ option.
If you purchased the most recent MacOs from the Apple company, you should know that its control system offers you a large number of elements that help you favor its use, one of the most outstanding is being able to activate and use Control by voice on Mac. With this feature, you can control your computer using voice commands.