Since Windows 11 is still in its infancy, it is common for you to encounter errors and bugs that could harm your operating system. There are only two options: the first is to wait until Microsoft releases patches to fix those bugs, or the second is to take matters into your own hands. Fortunately, fixing small problems is much easier than you think. We have put together a list of easy fixes for the errors that annoy you, including, this helpful guide that will teach you how to fix Windows 11 both, with and without SFC and DISM scans.
- 1 How to fix Windows 11
- 1.1 Method 1: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
- 1.2 Method 2: Update outdated drivers
- 1.3 Method 3: Run a DISM & SFC scan
- 1.4 Method 4: Uninstall corrupt system updates
- 1.5 Method 5: Restore previous system settings
- 1.6 Method 6: Run a startup repair
- 1.7 Method 7: Reset Windows PC
How to fix Windows 11
The fixes to fix Windows 11 range from simple solutions like running troubleshooters to advanced methods like resetting your PC.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files before moving forward.
If you don’t have it installed, check if your device is compatible with Windows 11.
Method 1: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
Windows 11 has a built-in troubleshooter for almost all hardware and service abnormalities. Follow the given steps to run the Windows troubleshooter:
1. Press Windows + I keys together to open Settings window.
2. In the tab “the system’, click on the Troubleshoot option as shown.
3. Then click Troubleshooters other, as described.
4. Here, click on “employment” corresponding to the Windows Update component, as shown below. The troubleshooter will automatically check and fix problems with Windows updates and should fix Windows 11.
Method 2: Update outdated drivers
Device Manager can help you fix problems caused by outdated or incompatible drivers. Here’s how to fix Windows 11 by updating outdated drivers:
1. Click the icon Search in the taskbar And type Device Manager. Then, click to open , As shown.
2. Double-click the device type with question mark / exclamation mark yellow next to it.
Note: The question symbol/yellow exclamation mark indicates that the driver has problems.
3. Right-click on the driver such as HID-compliant mouse and select Update Driver Software option.
4A. Locate Option to automatically search for drivers.
4 b. If you already have the latest drivers downloaded to your computer, click Browse my computer for and install drivers.
5. After installing the drivers, click Close and restart your computer.
Method 3: Run a DISM & SFC scan
DISM and SFC are two utilities that can help find and repair corrupt system files.
Option 1: Via Command Prompt
Here’s how to fix Windows 11 with DISM and SFC scans using Command Prompt:
1. Click search icon And type Command Prompt.
2. Then click Run as administrator, as shown.
3. Type the given commands one by one and hit the Enter key:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Note: Your computer must be connected to the Internet in order to perform this command correctly.
4. Next, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
5. When the scan is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Option 2: Through Windows PowerShell
Here’s how to fix Windows 11 with DISM and SFC scans using Windows PowerShell:
1. Press my key Windows + X together to open the quick link menu.
2. Select Windows Terminal (Admin) from the list.
3. Click “Yesat the User Account Control prompt.
4. Here, execute the same commands as described earlier:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth SFC /scannow
5. Restart your computer after these scans are completed. This was supposed to fix the operating system issues. If not, try the next fix.
Method 4: Uninstall corrupt system updates
Some errors are caused by corrupt updates that can be uninstalled if necessary, as follows:
1. Click on Start and type Settings. Then click to open.
2. Here, click Windows Update > Update Registry As shown below.
3. Under the relevant settings section, click on Uninstall updates, as shown.
4. Select Update Latest / Cause for problems and click “uninstall” , As shown below.
5. Click “YesAt the confirmation prompt.
6. Finally, restart your computer to check if it solves this problem.
Method 5: Restore previous system settings
A system restore point can return the system to a previously set restore point thus removing the cause of errors and errors.
1. Press my key Windows + R together to launch the dialog”employment.
2. Type control and click on “OK” To open “control Board”.
3. Set the width By> Big Icons , and click recovery.
4. Now, click on Open system recovery , As shown.
5. Click Next in the window system recovery.
6. From the list, select the automatic restore point when you were not facing the problem. Click Next.
Note: Further, click on Search for affected programs to see the list of applications that will be affected by restoring the computer to the previously selected restore point. Click Close to close the newly opened window.
7. Finally, click on “ending.
Method 6: Run a startup repair
If you are not even able to log into your computer, the above methods will not be helpful. Here’s how to fix Windows 11 by running startup repair instead:
1. Shut down your computer completely and wait for two minutes.
2. Press the power button to turn on your Windows 11 PC.
3. When you see Turn on the computer, press and hold the Power button to forcefully turn it off. Repeat this process twice.
4. Let the computer boot normally the third time to allow it to enter the Windows Recovery Environment (RE).
5. Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced options.
6. Then select Startup Repair , As shown below.
Method 7: Reset Windows PC
Resetting your PC is an option you should consider if nothing else has worked for you. It is a process that will strip the system of all things to the point where it was first run. Fortunately, you can choose to keep your files intact but all the apps you have installed will be uninstalled. So, perform the given steps with caution to repair Windows 11:
1. Press my key Windows + X together to bring up the quick link menu.
2. Select Settings from the list.
3. In the tab “the systemScroll down and taprecovery.
4. Within Recovery Options , click the . button Reset the computer , As shown.
5. In the Reset this PC window, click on the Keep my files option and continue.
6. Choose either Download Cloud Or a local reinstall in How do you want to reinstall Windows? Monitor.
Note: Cloud download requires an active internet connection. It is more reliable than the local reinstall option as there is a chance of corrupting local files.
Note: On the Additional settings screen, select Change settings if you want to change the choice that was previously made
7. Click the following.
8. Finally, tap “Reset” To reset your computer.
During the reset process, your computer may restart several times. This is normal and it may take hours to complete this process as it depends on the computer and the settings you choose.
We hope you were able to learn how to fix Windows 11. Tell us which method you found best. Also, you can submit your suggestions and queries in the comments section below.