Updating the system is a common procedure that is often handled by the operating system with very little user participation. The same applies to Windows 11 update. However, if your PC is having trouble downloading updates on its own, or if you want to install a specific version while opting out of any future updates, Microsoft allows its users to download the official update package From the Microsoft Catalog web page. This brief guide will teach you how to manually download and install Windows 11 updates from the Microsoft Catalog.
How to download and install Windows 11 updates from the Microsoft Catalog
Here’s how to manually download and install Windows 11 updates:
1. Open the Microsoft Update Catalog on your web browser.
2. Enter (Knowledge Base) KB Number in the search bar in the upper right corner and click Search.
3. Select Update From the given list, as shown.
Note: Full information about the update can be found on the Update details screen.
4. Click the “Button”downloadCorresponding to the assigned update.
5. In the window that appears, right-click on the hyperlink and select Option Save the associated content as….
6. Choose the location where you want to save the installer with the extension .msu , and click Save. This is how to download Windows 11 update required.
7. Once downloaded, press my keys Windows + E to open File Explorer. Double-click the .msu file from the folder where it is saved.
8. Click “YesTo confirm the Windows Update Installer is prompted to allow Windows to install the required update.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the installation to complete after which you will receive a notification about it.
9. Restart the computer after saving the unsaved data to perform the update.
We hope you have learned how to download and install Windows 11 updates manually from Microsoft Catalog. You can submit your suggestions and queries in the comments section below. Tell us what topics you want us to write about next.