Before throwing in the towel and deleting your Fortnite account, it would not hurt to know the tips to build quickly and well, which undoubtedly help to improve a lot in the game. In any case, if you remain firm with your decision, keep reading, since we show you what it is the process to delete your Fortnite account.
- 1 What are the parameters that are managed in your Fortnite user account?
- 2 What to do to prevent your information from being manipulated when you no longer use your Epic Games account?
- 3 How to permanently delete your Fortnite account from the Official Website?
What are the parameters that are managed in your Fortnite user account?
When creating an account to play Fortnite on your Nintendo Switch OLED or any other console, you can access different parameters that you can configure. Being more specific, we find the personal data and security options.
At a general level, the Epic Games or Fortnite account stores information related to your residence and other personal sections. In any case, it is not strictly necessary that you add this information, in fact, you could have your account without adding this data.
Some security parameters
The Epic Games account also includes other security sections. In fact, from your account you can activate options like two-step authentication and many others that allow you to protect your video games and your account at a general level.
What to do to prevent your information from being manipulated when you no longer use your Epic Games account?
If you do not want your account data to be used indiscriminately, it is best to opt for activation of two-step verification. With the above option, you will ensure that no one can enter your Epic Games account, even if they have the password.
On the other hand, if you really do not plan to use your Epic Games account anymore, there is always the possibility of deleting it completely. In fact, below, we show you the procedure to permanently delete your account inside the platform.
How to permanently delete your Fortnite account from the Official Website?
Fortnite accounts are directly linked to the Epic Games account, so to delete a video game account completely, you must delete your account from said platform, something that is not really recommended in most cases.
Remember that if you do the above, you also you will lose access to the rest of the video games you have on Epic Games, so it’s something we recommend only if you don’t plan on playing those titles again. In fact, before making this decision, consider actions such as editing your name in Fortnite or modifying certain sections in the options, if this is what you are looking for.
Actually, the most comfortable way to delete Epic Games account is through the computer. In fact, even if you have a console or play elsewhere, it would be best to use your PC. for the purpose of effectively erasing your account details on the platform. The process of deleting from the PC is as follows.
- First of all, you must enter the official website of Epic Games.
- Once you are on the site, click on ‘Login’, an option that is located in the upper right part of your screen.
- Log in the way that suits you best, if you have your username and password at hand, then you must click on log in with Epic Games, but you can also do it with Google, Xbox Live, etc.
- After logging in, click on your username located at the top and to the right and click on ‘Account’.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom where the ‘Delete account’ option is located. Here you must click on ‘Request account deletion’, after clicking on the previous option you must follow the steps shown on the screen.
From Xbox or PlayStation
Actually, the process to delete the Fortnite or Epic Games account is practically the same as on PC. In fact, it is recommended to carry out the procedure through the PC or directly from the browser of your console. On the other hand, there is also the possibility of unlinking Epic Games from your account on Xbox or PlayStation, then we will show you this procedure.
- The first thing is to go to the official Epic Games website and log in to your account.
- After logging in, tap on your account icon (your name) at the top and select ‘Account’.
- Among the multiple options present, you must click on ‘Connections’ and then click on ‘Connected accounts’.
- In this section all the accounts linked to Epic Games will be displayed, simply click on your Xbox or PlayStation account, selecting the ‘Disconnect’ option.
- In order to unlink the account, you must check all the options that are displayed, then click on ‘Unlink/Unlink’.
- Optionally you can delete the account completely, if you want to perform such a procedure, simply follow the steps mentioned in the tutorial for PC.
Please note that the above also valid for other platformsIn fact, you can use the above tutorial for your Nintendo Switch and even mobile devices. In any case, before unlinking or completely deleting your account, think about it very well.