Day after day more social networks are coming to light, capturing our attention and making us migrate to their platforms, leaving aside the ones we used because they have stopped entertaining us. There are many reasons why you want to delete your Twitter account and here you will find out how to do it.
- 1 What should you know before deleting your Twitter account from your cell phone?
- 2 How do you delete a Twitter account from a cell phone?
- 3 In what way is a Twitter account reactivated from the mobile?
What should you know before deleting your Twitter account from your cell phone?
Perhaps you have some doubts about whether you want to eliminate it or after a while you will regret your decision. It is for this reason, Twitter first deactivates the account for a period of 30 days. If during that time you want to recover your information, you can do so by reactivating your account. Once that time has elapsed without registering a login, the account will be permanently removes
Once deleted you cannot recover the information
It is very important that you keep this information in mind when making a decision, once the account is deleted, your tweets, your followers and even your personal information will be permanently deleted. There is no way to log back in and recover everything you already had there, you will have to start from scratch and create a new account.
How do you delete a Twitter account from a cell phone?
If after reading all the above information you still want to delete your Twitter account, don’t worry! Here you will learn step by step how to do it regardless of whether your device is iOS or Android.
- Once you have the Twitter application open on your mobile device, go to the upper left, where your profile photo appears.
- You open your profile, go down to the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option, in some cases it could appear as ‘Settings and Privacy’.
- We are going to go to the Account option and at the bottom we will see the button ‘Deactivate your account’ and there they will explain the process to delete the account.
- Before finishing this process, Twitter will ask you to enter your password to verify that it is you. Ready! Now we just have to wait for the 30 day period to pass and your account will be deleted.
If you have access to your account
As a security measure, to delete an account it is necessary to have access to it. Otherwise you can only report the account, for this must have violated a Twitter rule
In case you have forgotten your password
- From the Twitter app for iOS and Android, click the Forgot your password?
- Then you enter your email address, you can also use your username or phone number. You should bear in mind that if you have several accounts associated with the same phone number you will not be able to use this option.
- To reset your password, choose to use it via email address and open your email inbox, since Twitter will send you a message there.
- Open the message that will have a code whose duration is 60 minutes and a reset link. You click there, enter the code sent and then press Send.
- Twitter will proceed to ask you to choose a new password.
In what way is a Twitter account reactivated from the mobile?
An account can only be reactivated if 30 days have not passed since it was deactivated. Otherwise it is very likely, almost certainly that the account has been deleted and can no longer be accessed.
By following these very easy steps you will be able to use your account in no time:
- Open your Twitter application on your iOS or Android or Go to the Twitter page as you used to do from the browser of your mobile device.
- Enter your credentials to log in (the data you used normally when logging in to your account)
- Before entering your account, you will see a notice in which you will be asked if you really want to reactivate your account. Pressing ‘YES’ will redirect you to your timeline as normal. It is important that you keep in mind It may take a little time for likes, followers, tweets, and others to appear.