Since its launch in 2015, players have regularly used Discord for communication purposes due to its simple and easy to use interface. The most loved feature is that it enables its users to chat via voice, video or text anywhere in the world. You can use the Discord desktop app on Windows and Mac as well as its mobile app on iOS and Android phones. Additionally, you can log into Discord from your web browser. Discord apps can be connected to several major services, including Twitch and Spotify, so your friends can see what you’re up to. However, if you still decide to uninstall Discord, we can help you with this tutorial on how to delete Discord account and Discord app from your Windows PC.
How to delete Discord
Before uninstalling Discord, it is suggested to delete your Discord account.
How to delete a Discord account
to delete Discord account You must either transfer ownership of the servers you own or delete the servers entirely.
After that, you will be able to proceed with deleting the account.
1. Turn on Discord desktop app.
2. Click on the icon Settings.
3. Within “ArithmeticScroll down to the “” section.remove account”
4. Here, you can either disable the account or delete the account. Click the latter to delete it, as shown.
5. Enter your account password and code 2FA Six-digit number for confirmation. Then, click the Delete Account button, as shown.
Note: If you are not using two-factor authentication (2FA), you will not be asked to enter it.
Common Discord Uninstall Issues
Some of the common issues encountered while uninstalling Discord are listed below:
- Discord starts automatically even though the app and all of its documents, folders, and registry keys have been deleted.
- It cannot be detected on Windows Uninstaller.
- It cannot be moved to the Recycle Bin.
To avoid these issues, follow the methods listed below to permanently uninstall Discord.
Method 1: Via Control Panel
You can delete Discord from the Control Panel as follows:
1. Click on the Windows search bar and type control panel. Click Open to start it.
2. Set the width By > Category Then click Option Uninstall the program.
3. Search for Discord and select it. Click the Uninstall button from the top menu, as shown.
Method 2: Through Windows Settings
Alternatively, you can also cancel Install Discord from Windows Settings , As follows:
1. Press my key Windows + I At the same time to open Windows settings.
2. Here, click on Option Applications , As shown.
3. Search for Discord In search of this menu bar.
4. Select Discord and click Uninstall , As shown.
5. Click “uninstall” Also in the confirmation message.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Tools
If you cannot permanently delete Discord, try using an uninstaller to do so. These include programs that take care of everything – from permanently deleting all Discord files from your system to Discord references from the file system and registry values. Some of the best uninstallers of 2021 are:
Here’s how to delete Discord using Revo Uninstaller:
1. Install Revo Uninstaller from the official website by clicking Free Download, as shown below.
2. Run Revo Uninstaller.
3. Now, click on Discord and then click on “uninstallFrom the top menu, as shown.
4. Check the box marked “Create a system restore point“Before Uninstall and click”Continuein the popup message.
5. Set the scanning modes to “Moderateand clickto surveyDisplays all remaining recording files.
6. Then click Select All > Delete. Click Yes at the confirmation prompt.
Note: Make sure to delete all files by repeating step 5. A prompt should be displayed stating that Revo uninstaller found no items left, as shown below.
7. Restart your computer once done.
Method 4: Using Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Microsoft is aware of the fact that installation and uninstall issues are very common. Hence, they created a special tool for this.
1. Download and run the Microsoft Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
2. Here, click on “the followingAllow her to discover problems.
3. You will be asked: Are you having trouble installing or uninstalling a program? Click Uninstall, and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall Discord.
How to delete Discord cache files
After you uninstall Discord, there may be some temporary files still in your system. To remove these files, follow the steps listed below.
1. Click Windows Search box And type%appdata% To open AppData Roaming folder.
2. Right-click Discord folder and select Delete option.
3. Again, search for%LocalAppData% In the search bar to open AppData Local folder.
4. Find a folder Discord and delete it as described in step 2.
5. On the desktop, right-click on the Recycle Bin and select the option to Empty the Recycle Bin to permanently delete these files.
Pro tip: You can press the Shift + Delete keys together to delete files or folders from your computer, without moving them to the Recycle Bin.
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to delete Discord app, Discord account and cache files. Let us know which method is best for you. If you still have any queries, feel free to contact us through the comments section.