After activating your main account on your Nintendo Switch OLED, it is necessary to know the basic actions for the maintenance and use of the console. Understanding this, if you want to free up some space, it is often necessary delete game data on your Nintendo Switch OLED, a procedure that we will talk about next.
Where is the data for a Nintendo Switch OLED game stored?
To access saved data for a game, You will have to enter the configuration options. In any case, it is a very simple process that we will show you later. Keep in mind that other actions are also possible from the configuration options, such as deleting the bank details of your Nintendo Switch OLED, changing the language, and many other necessary parameters. Read on to find out how you can delete a game on your Nintendo Switch or directly delete the data linked to it.
How can you delete game data from Nintendo Switch OLED?
It all depends on what you want to achieve, that is, if you want to delete the data of a video game, archive the data of your game or directly uninstall it. Really all the previous processes are extremely easy, in any case, next, we will show you what is the process to uninstall a game on your Nintendo Switch.
- You must open the ‘Console configuration’ section, option that you will find by clicking on the gear-shaped icon.
- Now you will have to click on ‘Data management’.
- Scroll down until you find ‘Manage programs’ and enter that option.
- Finally, click on the video game you want to delete. After the above, a new menu will be displayed, simply click on ‘Delete the program’.
On the other hand, if what you want is to delete the data of a game i.e. save games and other specific settings, the process is a bit different. In any case, this procedure will vary depending on whether you want to do it from a console with a single profile or for those with several profiles.
Delete the data of a specific profile
Deleting a game on your Nintendo Switch OLED is a very basic process that you should know, mainly because over time the console runs out of storage space and it should be freed up in one way or another. Without further ado, the procedure to delete game data on your console is next.
- Once you are inside your profile, you must click on the Console Configuration options, simply click on the gear-shaped symbol.
- In the menu that appears on the left side of the screen, look for the ‘Data Management’ section.
- Scroll down until you find the option ‘Clear save data’.
- Find the video game you want to delete the save data for and click on it.
- Finally, confirm your action by clicking again on ‘Clear save data’.
Delete data in all profiles
In the event that you have multiple profiles on your Nintendo Switch console, the process for deleting a game is a bit different. Actually the difference with what was shown before is not so great, in any case we indicate the procedure step by step so you know what to do.
- After turning on your Nintendo Switch, you must click on ‘Console settings’, simply click on the gear icon.
- Once you are inside the console settings, you must search for and click on ‘Data management’.
- Near the end of the options it shows ‘Clear save data’. In this option, all the games and their save data will be displayed, simply select the game you want to delete said data from.
- Finally, select the user account you want to delete save data on. If you want to delete all profiles, you must click on each of them.
How to remove only the DLC from a Nintendo Switch OLED game?
The process we mentioned before will also be useful for deleting DLC from a game, just select the DLC directly in the ‘Manage Programs’ menu. In any case, keep in mind that not always possible, as not all games allow you to delete DLC independently.
On the other hand, in the event that you have deleted a game that interests you, there is always the possibility of re-downloading content from the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch OLED. It is undoubtedly something that you should also know in the event that you delete content or video games by mistake.