Waze was created with the purpose that the data connection in the network remains active at all times so that all the travel qualities will work perfectly, for this of course you must keep the data always active on your mobile device, although you can use Waze in your car without internet connection.
In addition to being able to use it without an internet connection, it allows you to save routes of your choice without the need for internet.
You should know that Waze always keeps its map updated to act as a guide, but logically it would not be of much use if Waze is not in our language, therefore there is the possibility of change language pre programmed that was configured in your operating system, you can very well do it from the settings of your phone since its voice and language is in English.
How to activate the voice command and put it in Spanish?
With the voice in Waze you can obtain the necessary information that will take you to your destination so you can stay awake and active while the voice command is given.
To activate this voice command and at the same time put it in Spanish you must follow the following instructions:
- You must open the Waze application and activate the voice commands in the menu of ‘Waze settings’.
- Click the search button or the magnifying glass, you will find it in the lower left corner, here a search bar will open.
- Press the ‘settings or gear’ button which you will find in the upper left corner of the search bar after pressing it, the ‘settings menu’ will appear.
- Press the words button ‘Voice command’, you will find this option in ‘Advanced settings’ in the settings menu.
- Slide the ‘Enable’ button to activate the voice command option, depending on your device, a message will appear asking you if you want Waze to access your microphone, press ‘Allow’ to make the voice commands work.
- Press ‘activate’ to specify how you want voice commands to be activated, there are three ways to make voice commands work in Waze:
By placing three fingers on the Waze will start a voice command. Placing three fingers or moving your hand in front of the screen will start a voice command. By placing three fingers and passing your hand in front of your screen twice.
- If the voice commands are not available in your language, change it to another you know, the voice commands They are not available in all languages as such, you must use another language which has the option to use these commands, the one that includes the street names.
- Pull down the ‘Settings in Waze’ menu and choose sound.
- Press ‘voice language’ to see the available lists.
- Find a language that you understand and that says including local names, this will authorize you to activate voice commands.
How do I set the display language to Spanish?
Keep in mind that when configuring the language, it will not affect the voice guidance or the map language, nor the names of the streets or cities on the map, they will always be in the local language, to configure the language of the screen to Spanish you must follow the following steps:
- Press ‘My Waze’ and then in ‘settings’.
- Click on ‘General’.
- At the end click on ‘Language’.
- A tick will appear in the box, there select the language, in this case ‘Spanish’, so you will be able to change the language in Waze and enjoy this application in your language, can be set on Android and IOS.
Once the language of your Waze is configured, you will be able to use it more comfortably and thus be able to avoid traffic and reach your destination.