Throughout our lives, it is normal to change email addresses. The problem comes when the old ones are left abandoned, linked to our social media accounts inadvertently.
For Facebook, for example, the email associated with your profile is so important that it is used to recover your account if you lose your password (although there are more ways to do it). And even so, does not give you a direct option to change your email for one you currently use.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t change your Facebook email. The fastest way is to add another email to your account and delete the first one. We explain how to do it step by step on both mobile and computer!
How to change your email from the Facebook App
- Open the menu by pressing the icon of the three bars that you will see at the top right and go down to “Settings and privacy” > “Setting”.
- Within “Account Settings”, choose the option “Personal information”.
- Go to “Contact information” and press “Add email address”.
- Enter your new email address and confirm the change by clicking “Add”.
- Verify your identity re-entering your password.
- Go to the main tray of the email you just entered and copy the security code that Facebook will have sent you to confirm the change.
- When you return to the Facebook app, a “Confirmation pending” screen will open. Tap on “Confirm” and enter the security code.
- Now you will see the two email addresses configured in your account. Now you just have to enter the old one and hit “Remove” to be left alone with the new one.
How to put a new email in your Facebook account from your computer
- Open the menu by clicking on the down arrow icon and go to “Settings and privacy” > “Setting”.
- In the “Contact” field, the first one where your email appears, click on “Edit”.
- More options will open within that field, you just have to click on «+ Add another email or phone number».
- Write the email you want to use from now on on Facebook and accept by hitting “Add”.
- identify yourself retyping your password, as a security measure.
- Confirm the change with the link that will reach the new email, in a verification email From Facebook.
- For delete old email from your Facebook account and keep only the new one, go back to the “Contact” field in the “Settings” menu, where the two emails will appear. Click on “Remove” under the old email, which will no longer be the main email of the account.
So, you know, if you still have your first email address linked to Facebook, it’s time to change it.
Even if it’s like security measuresJust like preventing your Facebook password from being stolen from suspicious apps, it is advisable to always have an active email linked to your social networks. Do not miss any important notice that may come to you!