Usernames are a fundamental factor in terms of your identity as a player and therefore it is important to know how you appear within Fortnite. It is for this reason that you need to know how and where to change it, of course, for this, you have to know how to log in to your console. For the rest, we will provide you with all the information you need in this regard.
Where can you see what your name is within Fortnite?
To see your name in the game, you must enter the Fortnite game settings or the official website depending on the console you are using and any name change you are going to make from there, you must be clear about your account information to be able to enter.
What should you do to configure the name of your character in Fortnite from a PlayStation?
To change the name of your Fortnite character, you must take into account that only the You can make the first change for free, as PlayStation says in its policies and conditions. Next, follow the setup procedure.
- Enter the account menu to change the name.
- Then tap on “Profile”.
- In profile, a menu will appear, where you will have to press the icon of the three dots on the right side of the “Establish online status” section.
- Now select “Edit Profile”.
- Then select “Online ID”.
- Once you have selected that section, important information will appear that you will have to read.
- Once you have read everything and agree, click on the “I Accept” button.
- Then click on “Continue” after having read the other information that will appear. You should keep in mind that the first change is free.
- Now write your new name on the bar that says “Enter New Online ID”.
- Finally click on “Confirm”.
- Enter the start menu.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Go to “Users and accounts”.
- Then go to “Accounts”.
- Now in “Profile”.
- Select “Online ID”.
- Click “Accept” once you have read and agreed to the terms.
- Now write your new name in the bar that says “Online ID”. You should keep in mind that the first name change is free.
- Click on “Confirm”.
- Here you will have the option to combine the old and new IDs, as well as show the new one.
- Click on “Confirm and close session”.
- You will get a message that says “All open games will be closed, “Do you want to continue?”.
- Click on the “Yes” button that appears at the bottom.
- Open Fortnite again.
- Now log back into your PSN.
How can you customize your Fortnite character’s nickname on Xbox One?
Before you start changing and customizing your character name in Fortnite, you have to know that only the first time is free, in the other changes you will have to pay and if you want to change your gamertag again and pay, you will have to enter a Microsoft site and log in with your Xbox One account.
Also, on Xbox One, you will be able to use and change some symbols and letters, in which you will be allowed to further customize your profile and have an original touch.
- Go to the official Xbox One page on mobile or PC.
- Sign in with your account.
- Go into “Xbox profile”.
- Now click on the pencil edit icon.
- write your new name in the bar that says “Your new gamertag”.
- Then click on the button below “Check availability”.
- The system will previously show what your gamertag will look like.
- Now click on the “Change gamertag” button.
How can you change your character’s name in Fortnite if you have a Nintendo Switch?
In order to change your character’s name in Fortnite in the event that you have a Nintendo Switch OLED console, the first thing you should do is enter the official Fortnite page, Epic Games, where the name is called “Screen Name”.
- Enter the official Epic Games page from a mobile or PC.
- Sign in with your account that you use for Fortnite on Switch OLED.
- Click on “User”.
- Then in “Account”.
- Now go to “General Settings”.
- Go to “Account Information” and below you will see some bars that have next to the edit icon and your screen name.
- Tap the edit icons one by one.
- Now write your current screen name.
- Below you will see a very important message that you must take into account, which tells you that your name you won’t be able to change it for two weeks, after this change, click on the box on the left side to accept that condition.
- Then click on the “Confirm” button.
- 1 Where can you see what your name is within Fortnite?
- 2 What should you do to configure the name of your character in Fortnite from a PlayStation?
- 3 How can you customize your Fortnite character’s nickname on Xbox One?
- 4 How can you change your character’s name in Fortnite if you have a Nintendo Switch?