To access the monthly calendar in Google Calendar from your computer, just open the Google Calendar website from your computer and in the upper right choose the ‘monthly’ view option. Now, if you are an Android or iOS user, open the Google Calendar application from your device and select the name of the month you want to see (this option is located in the upper left part of the screen).
Accessing the Google calendar options is not complex at all, in fact, it has a wide variety of functions that can be easily edited as ‘events’ or ‘alarms’, and even access other views such as daily, yearly, etc. If you wonder how to use these functions, stay until the end and discover how to do it.
How is it used and what functions does the Google Calendar app have?
To use the Google Calendar App you must have created a personal Google account, if you already have one, enter your data associated with that account to open the app. Among the functions of Google Calendar, there is the one to create ‘events’, ‘alarms’ and ‘guest lists’ and even share your events.
To share the calendars you create in Google Calendar with other users, simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the main page of Google Calendar, select the option of ‘my calendars’ located in the left panel on the screen of your device, once there, search and select the calendar you want to share and select the three-dot menu icon on the right.
Step 2: In this menu there are a variety of options, however, you must select the third box that says ‘share with specific people’. Then, click on the ‘add people’ link and enter the names or email addresses of the people to whom you want to send your new calendar.
Step 3: Once you add the person or people with whom you want to share your calendar, you will even be able to modify the type of control they have over it (editing, view only etc.).
Step 4: Once you edit the sharing settings of your calendar with the people to whom you send it, you must select the ‘send’ link, so that people will receive your calendar and they will be able to have knowledge of your plans and the capacity or range they have to modify it. If you need or want to make some kind of change even after sharing it, just press the back arrow (located in the upper left corner of your screen).
Another quite good option within Google Calendar is the ‘guest list’, especially if it is an event in which many family and friends will attend, so you will have control of each and every one of the guests at your party or event, for this, you just have to select in the ‘more options’ menu and choose from the create guest list.
In addition, you will have the option to configure notifications to your personal email at specific times, add a detailed location on Maps so that people know where the event will take place and can arrive without getting lost, and even add a detailed description of what will happen at the event, as a program or guide.
What should you do to see the whole month in the Google Calendar app?
To view the entire month in the Google calendar app, just follow these steps exactly:
- Open Google Calendar on your Apple or Android device.
- Go to the top left of your screen and select the name of the month you want to view. For example: August.
- If you want to view a month other than the one selected, just slide your finger to the left or right (select the one that makes you feel more comfortable).
- Once there, touch a specific date to view the events in that day.
- To go back to the day you are, go to the upper right corner of your screen and select the option for ‘today’.
What is the procedure to see the whole year with this application?
To see the full year in Google Calendar, just follow these steps:
- Sign up or log in with your Google account in the Google Calendar application with your mobile device or tablet.
- At the top left of your device screen, select the ‘year’ view.
- Remember that once you make changes to the application view, the changes will be saved as default until you make a change again.
- To return to the view of the day you are in, in the upper right corner of the screen of your mobile or Tablet select ‘Go to today’.
How can you add events and alarms to Google Calendar?
To configure alarms from Google Calendar, follow these steps exactly:
- Access the Google Calendar application from your mobile device or Tablet. Once there, go to the menu option.
- Then select ‘settings’ and after that, click on the ‘events’ option.
- Once there, you will be able to see the option of ‘default notifications’, there, select the option of ‘add notification’ and proceed to select the time in advance with which you want Google Calendar to remind you that you have a pending event.
Now, if you want to learn how to add events using the Google Calendar application, just follow these steps:
- Access the Google Calendar application from your mobile device or Tablet.
- Once there, tap on the ‘create’ option followed by ‘event’.
How can you put Google Calendar in dark mode on Android or PC?
The dark theme in Google Calendar It is only available in the app, for users with Android 7.0 and Android versions later than this one, to activate this mode, just open the Google calendar application, click on the ‘menu’ option, followed by settings, general and finally ‘topic’.
- 1 How is it used and what functions does the Google Calendar app have?
- 2 What should you do to see the whole month in the Google Calendar app?
- 3 What is the procedure to see the whole year with this application?
- 4 How can you add events and alarms to Google Calendar?
- 5 How can you put Google Calendar in dark mode on Android or PC?