You have followed our guide to make the Windows 10 2004 update from Windows Update but the new version is not proposed? No problem, just follow the tutorial below to force upgrade windows 10 to 2004, released at the end of May 2020 (almost in June 2020). The operation can take a long time, between downloading the files (you can continue to use the computer during this time) and the actual installation of the update (which will require a long restart of the machine).
Just like the version W10 1909 November 2019, the 2004 version should take less time to install than previous Microsoft operating system upgrades. However, it is still advisable to apply this update when you are not using the computer, as much to avoid slowing down (on the internet or on software) as to avoid mishandling. In companies, it is generally the IT department that takes care of this. In TPE / SME, it is better to let the Windows Update automatic update system. At home, it is also recommended to leave Windows Update. However, to avoid being faced with a forced update at an inconvenient time, or for an IT technician, downloading and installing the 2004 update to Windows 10 can be useful.
This Windows 10 version 2004 update is totally free and legal. No Windows 10 update, minor or major, is paid for. A free download to have the latest version of W10. No need to look for this update on an illegal download or warez site.
If the installation of the 2004 update is not dangerous for a fixed PC or a laptop, or even a hybrid tablet, it is advisable to make a preventive backup of personal files (documents, images, videos, music, etc.) before starting the procedure. These files will not be erased during the operation but a bug may occur and completely crash the computer. Prevention is better than crying over your vacation photos, Word or Excel files, etc.
Force Update Windows 10 2004 May 2020 Update
1. To download the Microsoft Windows 10 May 2020 Update utility (a free download):
Download “Windows 10 May 2020 Update 2004” Windows10-2004-Update.exe – Downloaded 17472 times – 6 MB
2. Open file Windows10-2004-Update.exe and accept the Windows warning.
3. A white screen appears with “ Update to the latest version of Windows 10 ” : click on the button ” Update now » :
4. Congratulations, your PC is compatible with the update after a quick analysis of the space available on the hard disk, the amount of random access memory (RAM) and the type of processor. Click on ” Next » :
5. The update operation begins. The preparation starts with the download of the update. The first step is for the update download progress, the second is for the actual installation of the W10 update
6. A countdown is displayed to allow 30 minutes before the computer automatically restarts. This is the time to close all open programs and click ” Restart now in order to let Windows 10 update to version 2004 Update May 2020. The PC will be completely unavailable during this work phase, allow several minutes to find an operational computer (duration depending on the performance of the machine).
7. Finally, there is the Windows password entry screen and the Windows 10 welcome screen. The icons are still present on the Desktop and the background image has not normally changed. All programs are still in place, no change either on software settings and personal files.
8. We can check W10 version number in System Properties: right click on the start button, System :