There are many people who, to improve their security on Facebook, hide your profile and friends list in the public eye, even from search engines like Google.
However, this is an impediment to their own acquaintances in real life can find your profile, as is surely happening to you now. Are you looking for a friend whose profile is hidden on Facebook? We tell you how you can get in touch with him or her through this social network!
Facebook is thought to unite people, and for this it usually uses the contact networks of its users in other linked social networks, for example.
Because of that there are a way to find hidden profiles if you really know the users behind these private accounts. Don’t give up, it’s very easy!
Manually track mutual friends’ lists on Facebook
If you are so interested in finding the person who has a hidden profile, the safest thing is that you meet a friend in common that you have with him or her.
- Go to profiles of the friends you have in common with the hidden person you want to find on Facebook. Hopefully, they won’t have the hidden profile too!
- Access their Friends Lists from each profile.
- In the search engine that you will see within the Friends List, type the name of the person you are looking for.
If you are a friend of these contacts in common, your profile will appear and you can send you a friend request. All done!
Also, once you accept the request and you are friends on Facebook, it doesn’t matter if you have a private profile. You will be able to access all the information available on their profile and use all the functions of Facebook for friends, such as watching videos together on Watch Together.
A faster way to track hidden friend lists In search of the person you are looking for is to use browser extensions.
For example, there is Facebook Friends Mapper. But nevertheless, Google has already removed it from the extensions store for Chrome as soon as it realized that this tool was taking advantage of a flaw in Facebook’s privacy systems to make a profit.
There are also online sites like StalkFace, but they are not neither safe nor ethical. Currently, for example, this page is detected as a non-private connection. This type of website could hide malware or spyware such as TrickBot, which it would jeopardize the security of your computer and your data personal.
For reasons like these We do not advise you at all to use unofficial tools or apps, and less for purposes such as accessing a private profile. If he is your friend, you can find him very easily by getting in touch with the people you have in common!
How to make your profile private on Facebook
To better understand how Facebook’s privacy options work, we want to review with you the steps to take to hide your profile in the Facebook app:
- Open the options menu by going to tab of the three bars located at the top right of the screen.
- In the menu, scroll down until you see the option “Settings and privacy”.
- Choose the option “Setting”.
- Scroll down the menu until you find the section “Audience and visibility”.
- Enter the sections “How other people can find you and get in touch with you” Y “Followers and public content”.
- Give the options of each section and change the permissions to “Friends” or «Friends of my friends» when you have no choice.
And if you want to change the settings from the computer version of Facebook, it is also very simple:
- Open your profile menu by clicking on the down arrow icon that you will see in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Settings and privacy” > “Setting”.
- Choose the option “Privacy” in the new menu that will open on Facebook.
- Check the permissions of your account and change the ones you want to «Friends of my friends» giving the button “Edit” on the right.
So, you know, if you want to find someone on Facebook but they have a hidden profile and they are finding it impossible, all you have to do is pull contacts. You sure can find it (or find it) sooner than you think!