You want to export and save the Internet Explorer favorites, just in case you might want to install a new computer and you might want to re-import your Internet Explorer favorites on this new computer as well. This step-by-step guide will show you how to export your Favorites from Internet Explorer to a file to re-import this file later.
Exporting your Internet Explorer Favorites is not complicated, and the instructions and images below will surely work.
You can export Internet Explorer favorites bookmarks from Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
In Windows 10, the images look different, but exporting favorites for all Internet Explorer versions works the same.
- On the Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on the asterisk icon, at the top right of the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select the down arrow as in the example below.
- Click through in the menu Import and export
- We’re going to export, then choose Export to a file
- To export all favorites, select the root folder named Favorites, and then click Continue Next
- You can choose whether you want to export the Favorites, Feeds (XML Feeds) or Cookies.
- Select a location to write the .htm file to for backup, then click Export
You have now successfully exported your favorites from Internet Explorer.
Succeeded? Share the information and help others!
Share this PC tip via Social Media and help other people as well. Help and share computer knowledge via the social media buttons below.
Need help? Or do you have a question?
I’ll be happy to help you. Please provide the most comprehensive description of your computer problem. You can ask your question at the bottom using the comments field. Thank you too 🙂
I respond to your question within 24 hours, usually faster.