Microsoft has rolled out the May 2021 update (21H1). All users with a license key can benefit from it as part of a system update or new installation.
This version, although major, brings little new
- Windows Hello: for facial recognition, it is now possible to set another default camera
- Taskbar: News and Weather widgets are accessible in 1 click
- Bug fixes in Windows Explorer
- More administration options for telecommuting
Windows 10: the operating system of renewal
Microsoft’s flagship operating system is getting a facelift with Windows 10. A version that appeals especially to the disappointment of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Windows 10 has been available for download in the final version since 2015.
The free update: for whom?
After the release of Windows 10, Microsoft undertook a free and automatic update from an installation on Windows 7 or 8. Although the operation is complete, users are still able to install Windows 10 from an ISO image and then apply the product license of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1.
What’s new in Windows 10:
With this new version of the operating system, Microsoft is introducing a new development cycle for Windows 10. The time between each update is reduced in order to allow users to benefit from ever more new features and optimizations.
In terms of functions and interface, Windows 10 stands out for:
– The simpler, more intuitive interface adapted to touch;
– The long-awaited return of the “Start” menu with a redesign;
– A completely redesigned control panel;
– The new Microsoft Edge web browser which replaces Internet Explorer;
– Integration of virtual offices;
– A new display of running tasks;
– The arrival of universal applications (adapted to all Windows environments: tablet, smartphone and computer).
Finally, the unified search engine and Cortana voice assistance now take a central place within the operating system, providing the user with quick and spontaneous searches as needed.
A product key will be obligatorily (and obviously) necessary in order to proceed with the complete and unlimited installation of Windows 10