The first major Windows 10 update arrived in November and is called Threshold 2. It is possible to install it through the classic Windows Update process, but you can also download full installation in ISO format of Windows 10 Threshold 2 (version 1511). This is to perform a clean installation of the system or in case of reinstallation which will avoid downloading and installing various updates.
Download Windows 10 Threshold 2 Setup
1. Go to the site https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/techbench
2. Move down the page and select the edition ” Windows 10 Unilingual “and the language” French ” (Or other).
This is the “Windows 10 Home” version, the one installed on computers purchased in stores, and “Windows 10 Pro” for companies: a single ISO for both editions).
For information, the N and KN versions do not include Media Player or Media Center while the Unilingual variant does not offer change system language.
3. Click on “ 32-bit download ” Where ” 64-bit download ” as required. The 64-bit version is the most common: how do you know which one to take?
The downloaded files are Win10_1511_SingleLang_French_x64.iso (3.6GB) and Win10_1511_SingleLang_French_x32.iso (2.7GB).
The classic versions are called Win10_1511_French_x64.iso (3.8GB) and Win10_1511_French_x32.iso (2.8GB).
4. Burn ISO file to DVD, create an installation USB key or load the ISO into a VM.
5. Install Windows 10 Threshold 2 according to this guide. One of novelties of TH2 is to be able to use a Windows 7 or 8 product key to activate the operating system.