The Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703, build 15063) or “Windows 10 Creators Update” is now available for download!
This is the whole latest Windows 10 update. Totally free, it succeeds the update Anniversary (version 1607, build 14393) released in August 2016 and updated November (version 1511, build 10586) released in November 2015.
All Windows 10 users can install it.
If you want to take advantage of the many novelties of Windows 10 Creators Update, here’s how to download and install it.
What are the novelties of this Creators Update ?
Here is the loooooong list of novelties of the Windows 10 Creators Update :
- Paint 3D : new application designed to easily manipulate 3D objects. It also allows you to transform an existing image into a 3D image.
- New features for Microsoft Edge : support for Jump Lists, support for WebRTC 1.0, support for Web Payments, addition of new extensions, default blocking of Flash, notable improvements for battery life (by reducing consumption when playing videos, as well as for tabs in the background) and a new option to set aside tabs.
- Night mode : Switches the screen to an orange tint to reduce the effect of blue light emitted by your PC screen, similar to f.lux. It is possible to set the night mode according to the sunrise and sunset times.
- New gestures of precision for the touchpad.
- Support of 802.11ad Wi-Fi.
- Improved display support High DPI.
- New start-up wizard for manage data privacy.
- Only allow apps from the Windows Store : Allows you to authorize or not the installation of applications that do not come from the Windows Store.
- Shared experiences : allows you to start a task on a machine running Windows 10, and to continue it on another device.
- Game mode : Smoothes performance by preventing Windows from consuming resources.
- New themes (from the Windows Store).
- New version of Windows Defender.
- Dynamic locking (Windows Goodbye): Allows you to lock / unlock your PC using another Bluetooth device. You can unlock your Windows session by bringing your smartphone close to your PC and automatically locking it as soon as the phone moves away from it.
- New commands for Cortana : possibility of shutting down, locking or restarting the PC by voice command …
- Support for braille.
- Windows Holographic Integration : platform for developing applications taking advantage of virtual or augmented reality.
- New tools for Windows Ink (intended for tablet users with stylus): annotation functions, handwriting recognition, virtual ruler to draw a line, etc.
- a more precise control of the update process : faster, less greedy, and more respectful of users’ choices.
It is possible toinstall Windows 10 Creators Update in three different ways: either via the update wizard, the’ISO Creators Update Where Windows Update.
Method # 1: via the update wizard
- Download theWindows 10 update assistant.
- Double-click on the executable to launch the Windows 10 update wizard then click on the button Update now to launch the Windows 10 Creators Update download.
- Click on Following after checking that your PC is compatible with Windows 10.
- The wizard then starts downloading the Windows 10 Creators Update. You can click the button Reduce in order to let the download take place in the background.
- Once the download is complete, the PC will restart and the Creators Update will install as a Windows Update. Of course, your personal files and programs will be kept. 🙂
Method # 2: Via Windows 10 Creators Update ISO
- Go to the Windows Insider Preview Downloads page on the official Microsoft website and then log in by clicking on the link Sign in at the top of the page.
- Connect to your Microsoft account.
- If you are not registered with the Windows Insider program, you will get the error message ” To access this page, you need to be a member of the Windows Insider program.“. You can register for free on the following page: https://insider.windows.com/.
- If your Microsoft account is registered with the Windows Insider program, you will be taken to the next page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the edition Windows 10 Insider Preview – Build 15063.
- After selecting the language, click on the link to download the ISO of Windows 10 Creators Update depending on the architecture of your processor (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Once the download is complete, double-click theWindows 10 Creators Update ISO to mount it in File Explorer.
- Then launch the Windows 10 installer by double-clicking on the executable setup.exe.
- Leave the option Download and install updates checked and click Following.
- Finally, click on the button To install to start the installation of Windows 10 Creators Update after checking that the option Keep personal files and applications is checked.
- Here is the Windows 10 Creators Update is installing on your PC 😉
Method # 3: Via Windows Update
It is possible to download and install Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows Update since April 11, 2017 !
- Open Windows Update since the settings Windows 10 (keys Windows + i)> Update and security. Click on the button Check for updates.
- The update ” Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214) Should download and install (if it isn’t already).
- A window New Windows features coming soon should open soon; Click on the button Check the settings.
- Activate or deactivate the various personal data protection settings (position, voice recognition, diagnostics, use of diagnostic data for a tailor-made experience and relevant advertising) then click on Accept.
- Validate by clicking on OK.
- Go back to Windows Update then run the search for updates again. This time, the update ” Windows 10 Feature Update, Version 1703 ” corresponding to Windows 10 Creators Update should download.
- Once the Windows 10 Creators Update installation files have downloaded, a pre-installation window will open. Choose if you want to install the update right away (Restart now) or later (Choose a moment Where Repeat).
- And there you have it, the update Windows 10 Creators will now install on your PC 🙂