You have installed an Office package but OneNote is not among the software added to the computer? It is no coincidence that there is even a KB at Microsoft for this. “OneNote 2016 is missing after installing Office 365 or Office 2019”: and for good reason, OneNote is no longer delivered with the latest Office packs that are installed on Windows 10, since the operating system must have OneNote preinstalled in WindowsApp. This tutorial explains how to download and install the Microsoft OneNote software on Windows 10, in addition to the Office 365 / 2019 pack (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook…).
However, Microsoft confirms the return of OneNote with Office: “Starting in March 2020, when you install Office 2019 or Office 365, the desktop version of OneNote will be installed alongside the desktop versions Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. »
As a reminder, OneNote is a free software from Microsoft for taking notes. You can insert text entered on the keyboard, handwritten notes, photos, graphics, videos… Compatible with PCs, smartphones, tablets and even connected watches, Apple devices are not forgotten with a software version for iOS and macOS. The OneNote application is completely free with a personal Microsoft account but can also be used with an Office 365 or Office 2019 account. The latest version is OneNote 2016, also for Office 2019.
Download OneNote 2016 on Windows 10
1. Click on the following link to start the Microsoft OneNote software download: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2110341
2. Open the downloaded file. The installation wizard will automatically detect whether it should install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of OneNote, depending on the version of the Office pack already installed.
3. The download is automatic, followed by the installation of the One Note program.
4. A message indicates when the operation is complete.
5. We find the “OneNote 2016” shortcut in the Windows 10 Start menu:
6. Once OneNote 2016 is downloaded and installed, the program must be associated with your activated license of Microsoft Office, or a free Microsoft account for personal use.