Disney Plus and Chromecast are a great combination. Cast the content you want to watch from the mobile app of the video streaming service. But how exactly do you achieve that? In this article we explain everything you want to know about it.
Disney Plus on Chromecast, is that possible? Fortunately, the answer is a resounding yes! The Chromecast has support for streaming Disney Plus to a big screen using Google’s casting technology. We explain exactly how you do this in this article.
Disney Plus is a popular video streaming service where you watch all kinds of movies and series. Think of all kinds of Disney films, but also films, series and documentaries from Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, National Geographic and Star (adult content).
You can download the application for a television with, for example, Android TV on board. The same goes for different types of media players, smartphones and tablets. They may have software from Google, Apple and other providers on board.
Disney Plus and Chromecast
But, of course, we’re here for the Disney Plus and Chromecast combo. You can download content from the video streaming service cast from a source device, such as your smartphone, to a target device. Think of a separate Chromecast or a TV with built-in Chromecast.
This is useful in many cases. We can imagine that you may have a TV at home that is not suitable for the Disney Plus television application. So it’s very handy that you can still view the available content on the big screen via Chromecast.
But how exactly do you arrange this? We explain everything to you in the step-by-step plan below. We really start with the basics. For example, if you have already installed the Chromecast, you can simply skip the first few steps. Are you a novice? Then go through everything at your leisure.
- Install the Google Chromecast; If you don’t know how to do that, we’ve got a super handy guide with everything you need to know.
- The most important thing is that you connect the Chromecast to the same WiFi network as the smartphone you are going to cast from.
- When you plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port and plug it into a power outlet or USB port, you go to the channel of that HDMI port. If this is your first time, you can also read how to install the device there.
- Then open the Disney Plus application on your smartphone. Make sure that your smartphone is connected to WiFi and that this is the same network as your Chromecast.
- Select the content you want to view. This can be any movie, series, or documentary, and it doesn’t matter which section of the app you’re using (Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, or Star).
- Now tap on the Chromecast icon that you see at the top right of the screen.
- Now you will see a list of available devices. Select the device you want to use here, such as the Chromecast you just installed or already installed.
- Your TV is now taking over. After selecting the Chromecast (or the television with Chromecast built-in), the content will be played automatically.
Disney Plus and Chromecast from your PC
You can also stream Disney Plus content from your Google Chrome browser to a TV or standalone Chromecast device. Make sure that the laptop or computer is on the same WiFi network as the Chromecast or television, because that is a requirement to be able to connect.
- Go to the Disney Plus website and log in with your account (or create an account).
- Find the movie or series you want to watch.
- You can now cast the content in two ways. There is a Chromecast icon in the video player that you can use. When you click on it, you will see a list of available devices. Or you click in the browser at the top right on the three dots for the settings and then press the Cast button almost at the bottom. Even then you still have to choose a device. Once you have done that, the content will be sent to the TV.
- The TV now does the rest. You operate Disney Plus via the website or with your remote control.
If you are now curious about the possibilities of a Chromecast and a PC, you can read this article. Does the Chromecast icon not appear on the screen?
Don’t worry, luckily that’s easy to solve. Here you can read everything about the different Chromecast models.
Image: Disney (press image)