DirectX for Windows 10- Did you hear about DirectX? If not, you will get all the information about DirectX on this site. DirectX is an API that handles graphical elements in games. The developers of DirectX develop game libraries that work on all the computers. You had to download the latest version through the website in the olden days, but now you can update it directly from windows. DirectX application has a multimedia feature in the Windows operating system.
DirectX is a multimedia platform for windows that will help you run and display applications rich in applications like full-color graphics, video, 3D animations, and rich audio. It is widely used in the development of video games and Microsoft Windows and Xbox. This application is available for both gaming and non-gaming application. It provides a 3D application that is used for the development and performance of games. You also have to test whether your DirectX is compatible with your hardware and software or not. Here in this article, you will find information about DirectX.
- 1 Salient Features of DirectX 11 for Windows 10
- 2 An alternative of DirectX for Windows 10
- 3 How to Download DirectX for Windows 10?
- 4 How to Fix Your Graphics Card?
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of DirectX
Salient Features of DirectX 11 for Windows 10
Here we have the list of salient features of DirectX 11 for windows 10.
- Transparency Ant aliasing: This feature helps to improve image quality in video games. It manages the transparent border used in the images of the games.
- Tessellation: this feature helps GPU generate more triangles from the existing geometry using the tessellation engine’s hardware that comes with the graphics chip.
- Close obstruction: light is significant to see the visibility in 3D games. The lighting effect is made visible in the absence of shadow and darkness.
- Post-processing effect: The furnished image helps in creating graphical magic. This feature’s main important function is to add effect to the 3D games, just like the effects are added to the movie after the movie’s shooting.
- Multithreading: this feature helps the framework so that the game doesn’t game stuck.
- Direct compute: it is helpful for both gaming and non-gaming applications. Other photo editor apps take a lot of time to process and help to accelerate and save time.
An alternative of DirectX for Windows 10
DirectX is a collection of tasks that helps in application programming interface related to multimedia, especially game programming and video.
- OpenGL: OpenGL is a platform for developing portable, interactive 2D and 3D graphics applications.
- Vulkan: Vulkan is a new generation graphics and computer API capable of providing high efficiency, cross-platform, and access to the modern GPUs used in a wide variety of devices from PC.
- SDL: Simple direct media layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low-level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware, and so on.
- WebGL: WebGL is a cross-platform for a low-level 3D graphics API based on OpenGL ES 2.0 exposed through the document object’s HTML5 canvas element.
- GLFW: GLFW is a cross-platform library for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and Vulkan development on the desktop.
- Allegro: Allegro is a multimedia platform mainly aimed at video games and multimedia programming. They handle tasks of common level.
- Crystal Space: Crystal Space is a full-featured software development kit providing real-time 3D graphics for apps like games and virtual reality.
- SlimDX: SlimDX enables developers to build direct apps using .NET technologies such as VB.net and iron python.
How to Download DirectX for Windows 10?
Follow the following steps to download and install DirectX for windows 10.
Step 1: First, visit the DirectX download page on Microsoft’s official site.
Step 2:Tap on the Download button and on the next button to save the setup file to your computer.
Step 3: Complete the DirectX installation by following the directions from the DirectX installation program.
Step 4: Restart your computer even though you are not allowed to do so.
Step 5: After restarting the computer, check to see if the updating has the same problem you were facing.
How to Fix Your Graphics Card?
If graphic cards do not support DirectX features, follow the given method and fix the error.
Method 1: make sure that you meet the minimum requirements
As you can see that the error itself suggests that your graphics card doesn’t support DirectX, and it only means that the system does not satisfy the minimum requirements. Many video games demonstrate minimum requirements to play games on their websites. Therefore you have to search for the minimum requirements and make sure that your computer meets the following requirements, and if it doesn’t, you will have to upgrade your system.
Method 2: install the latest patch
Restarting your system can easily solve most problems related to games and your computer. Game developers are always releasing patches to keep the application up to date. So update your app and restart your system to start the game again.
Method 3: upgrade your graphics card driver
An outdated driver of a graphics card can cause this error. By just upgrading your graphics card, you can solve the error. They are two ways by the way which you can solve this error manually and automatically.
Manually: – You can do it manually by just downloading the latest version of the graphics card and installing it on your system. This method requires time, and when you are short of time, you can follow the next method.
Automatically: You can do it automatically through a driver easily.
Method 4: Update DirectX on your computer
Fix those errors by updating your DirectX, and if your DirectX requires an update, then just updating your DirectX you can fix the error.
Advantages and Disadvantages of DirectX
Some of the advantages and disadvantages of DirectX.
- It not only provides the update for newer version but also it provides an update to the previous versions also through backward compatibility.
- DirectX provides the 3D application which is used for the development of video games.
- It also supports the strong security performance of the computer.
- There is only one problem with DirectX: when you uninstall the application from your windows, it doesn’t allow you to uninstall from your PC.
- It wasn’t easy to test whether the hardware and software are compatible with DirectX or not.
DirectX 11 and all the other gaming API represent the future of computer gaming, allowing the developers to give better performance in games. Transparency may improve the quality of the performance of the DirectX. Direct compute is helpful in both gaming and non-gaming applications. It also provides the update for a newer version through backward compatibility. I hope you are satisfied with the information on DirectX for Windows 10, and you will download the application on your computer.