DirectX for Windows 10- Did you hear about DirectX? If not you will get all the information about DirectX in this site. DirectX is an API that handles graphical elements in games. The developers of DirectX develop games libraries that work on all the computers. In olden days you had to download the latest version through the website but now you can update it directly from the windows. DirectX application has a multimedia feature in the Windows operating system.
DirectX is a group of a multimedia platform for windows that will help you to run and display applications which are rich in applications like full-color graphics, video, 3D animations, and rich audio. It is widely used in the development of video games and Microsoft Windows and Xbox. This application is available for both gaming and non-gaming application. It provides a 3D application which is used for the development and performance of games. You also have to test whether your DirectX is compatible with your hardware and software or not. Here in this article, you will find information about DirectX.
- 1 Salient Features of DirectX 11 for Windows 10
- 2 An alternative of DirectX for Windows 10
- 3 How to Download DirectX for Windows 10?
- 4 How to Fix Your Graphics Card?
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of DirectX
Salient Features of DirectX 11 for Windows 10
Here we have the list of salient features of DirectX 11 for windows 10.
- Transparency Ant aliasing: This feature helps to improve image quality in video games. It manages the transparent border used in the images of the games.
- Tessellation: this feature helps GPU to generate more triangles from the existing geometry using the hardware of the tessellation engine that comes with the graphics chip.
- Close obstruction: light is very important to see the visibility in 3D games. The lighting effect is made visible in the absence of shadow and darkness.
- Post processing effect: The furnished image helps in creating graphical magic. The main important function of this feature is to add effect to the 3D games just like the effects are added to the movie after the shooting of the movie.
- Multithreading: this feature helps the framework so that the game doesn’t game stuck.
- Direct compute: it is helpful for both the gaming and non-gaming applications. Other photo editor apps take a lot of time in processing and help to accelerate and save time.
An alternative of DirectX for Windows 10
DirectX is a collection of tasks that helps in application programming interface related to multimedia, especially game programming and video.
- OpenGL: OpenGL is a platform for developing portable, interactive 2D and 3D graphics application.
- Vulkan: Vulkan is a new generation graphics and computer API that is capable of providing high efficiency, cross-platform and access to the modern GPUs used in a wide variety of devices from PC.
- SDL: Simple direct media layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low-level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware and so on.
- WebGL: WebGL is a cross-platform for a low-level 3D graphics API based on OpenGL ES 2.0 exposed through the HTML5 canvas element on the document object.
- GLFW: GLFW is a cross-platform library for OpenGL, OpenGL ES and Vulkan development on the desktop.
- Allegro: Allegro is a multimedia platform mainly aimed for video game and multimedia programming. They handle tasks of common level.
- Crystal Space: Crystal Space is a full-featured software development kit providing real-time 3D graphics for apps like games and virtual reality.
- SlimDX: SlimDX enables developers to build direct apps using .NET technologies such as VB.net and iron python.
How to Download DirectX for Windows 10?
Follow the following steps to download and install DirectX for windows 10.
Step 1: first visit DirectX download page on the Microsoft’s official site.
Step 2: click on the download button and on the next button to save the setup file to your computer.
Step 3: complete the DirectX installation by following the directions from the DirectX installation program.
Step 4: restart your computer even though you are not allowed to do so.
Step 5: after restarting the computer, check to see if the updating has the same problem you were facing.
How to Fix Your Graphics Card?
If your graphics card does not support DirectX features then follow the given method and fix the error.
Method 1: make sure that you meet the minimum requirements
As you can see that the error itself suggests that your graphics card doesn’t support DirectX and it only means that the system does not satisfy the minimum requirements. There are many video games that demonstrate minimum requirements to play games on their websites. Therefore you have to search for the minimum requirements and make sure that your computer meets the following requirements and if it doesn’t you will have to upgrade your system.
Method 2: install the latest patch
Restarting your system can solve most of the problems related to games and your computer. Game developers are always releasing patches to keep the application up to date. So update your app and restart your system to start the game again.
Method 3: upgrade your graphics card driver
An outdated driver of a graphics card can cause this error by just upgrading your graphics card you can solve the error. There are two ways by which you can solve this error manually and automatically.
Manually: – You can do it manually by just downloading the latest version of the graphics card and installing it on your system. This method requires time and when you are short of time you can follow the next method.
Automatically: You can do it automatically through driver easy. Driver easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers and it will download and install it automatically.
Method 4: Update DirectX in your computer
You can fix this error by checking your DirectX for update and if your DirectX requires update then just updating your DirectX you can fix the error.
Advantages and Disadvantages of DirectX
Here we have listed the advantages and disadvantages of DirectX.
- It not only provides the update for newer version but also it provides an update to the previous versions also through backward compatibility.
- DirectX provides the 3D application which is used for the development of video games.
- It also supports the strong security performance of the computer.
- There is only one problem with the DirectX is that when you uninstall the application from your windows it doesn’t allow you to uninstall from your PC.
- It was very difficult to test whether the hardware and software are compatible with DirectX or not.
DirectX 11 and all the other gaming API represent the future of computer gaming, allowing the developers to give better performance in the field of games. Transparency helps you to improve the quality of the performance of the DirectX. Direct compute is helpful in both gaming and non-gaming applications. It also provides the update for a newer version through backward compatibility. Hope you are satisfied with the information on DirectX for Windows 10 and you will download the application in your computer.