Are you worried about your safety with a webcam on your computer? There are different ways to turn off your camera in order to have full control. Disable or enable it whenever you want.
We will see together how to turn off webcam on Windows 10 from Device Manager or from Settings.
Disable webcam on Windows 10
via Device Manager
The Device Manager allows you to disable and enable many devices, including your camera:
Open the Device Manager :
- via the Run command : devmgmt.msc.
- via the menu Quick links :
- via the Start menu or the Research :
- Unroll Cameras.
- Right click on the camera you want to disable.
- Click on Deactivate the device.
- Confirm your choice by clicking on Yes when a new window asks if you really want to deactivate the device.
i Note: to reactivate it, it is the same manipulation except that you will right click> Activate the device.
✔️ Congratulation ! You have successfully disabled the webcam via Windows 10 Device Manager 👍
via Settings> Privacy
To deactivate your camera, you can also go through Settings> Privacy:
- Open them Settings > Confidentiality.
- In the left menu, click Camera.
- Under Allow access to the camera on this device, Click on the button To modify and flip the switch to Deactivated.
i Note: to reactivate it, it is the same steps except that you will toggle the switch from Disabled to Enabled.
✔️ Congratulation ! You have disabled your camera by going through Settings> Privacy of Windows 10 👍
via Settings> Peripherals
To deactivate your camera, you can also go through Settings> Peripherals> Bluetooth and other devices:
- Open them Settings > Peripheral devices.
- In the left menu, click Bluetooth and other devices Where Usb depending on the type of connection used by your webcam.
- Click on the button To delete then on Yes.
i Trick : if the camera is in USB, it is surely easier to simply unplug it.
✔️ Congratulation ! You have deactivated your webcam by going through Settings> Peripherals in Windows 10 👍