There are different types of email address, whether it is the one integrated into your internet subscription (Numéricable, Orange, Free, SFR) or service providers such as Microsoft Outlook (formerly Hotmail/Live), Google Gmail, Yahoo Mail and many others. ‘others. These providers allow much higher storage space and various integrated services (cloud, photo hosting, etc.).
We will see how, in a few minutes, create an Outlook.com email account which you can then use with your computer, tablet and mobile phone as a “Microsoft account”.
Creating an Outlook.com email account
1. Go to the site https://www.outlook.com/
2. At the top right of the page, click on ” Create an account » :
3. Complete the email account creation form:
- New email : this is the identifier of the email address, which will be in front of the at sign @
- The address can be of the type @outlook.fr @outlook.com Where @hotmail.com
- create a password complex but easy for you to remember with at least 8 characters (numbers, letters and special characters)
Make sure you do not check the box “Send me advertising emails from Microsoft” to not receive newsletters / spam.
Click on Following to go to the next step.
4. Specify First name and Last name of the person who will use this email.
5. Indicate the Country of residence and the Date of Birth Outlook/Hotmail account user.
6. Enter a telephone number to receive a SMS verification code. This number will also be used to confirm the identity of the owner of the Outlook box each time you connect to an unrecognized device (purchase of a new smartphone, connection from a computer on a vacation spot, etc.).
7. If a Captcha is displayed, copy the code displayed (use the audio code if the text is indecipherable).
8. The Outlook account is now created. We still have to answer a few questions about the time zone, the color of the interface and the signature (to “Disable” so as not to make free advertising for Microsoft).
9. A first email is already present in the Inbox to present the messaging service and the adjacent functions.
10. All the usual folders are already configured on webmail: Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items and Junk Mail (to automatically store incoming spam there).
11. An Applications menu button is located at the top left (icon with 9 squares). This gives access to Contacts, Calendar (agenda), photos received and shared with friends, the automatic backup service OneDrive and especially to online applications Office Online : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Sway.