To better manage a network or to navigate it when you have several computers, it is easier to rename your PC to recognize him among the others. This tutorial also applies to Server editions of Windows and Microsoft tablets like the Surface, all versions.
Change the name of a Windows 8.1 PC or tablet
1. Make a right click on the start button and choose System.
2. In the part ” Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings ” , click on ” Modify the parameters ” to the right.
3. Click on the button To modify.
4. Indicate the new computer name and validate by okay.
5. This modification requires restart the computer.