We all receive slideshows and PowerPoint presentations in 4:3 format, i.e. the size of old televisions and so-called computer screens. squares. These PowerPoint files can scale to fit our wide screens, 4K televisions and FullHD projectors, all in 16:9 format. We therefore want play a PowerPoint slideshow in 16:9 aspect ratio for a full, clean display on a TV or widescreen computer.
This guide shows how change the resolution of a PowerPoint presentation, to change the format of the slides: switch from standard 4:3 to widescreen 16:9 Where customize slide size by setting width and height according to predefined dimensions (banner, negative, A3, US format, 16:10 widescreen, etc.).
Thus, company presentations or internship reports can be broadcast in 16:9 wide format on an HDMi video projector and slideshows (PPS, PPSX, PPT, PPTX) with images and photos will be adapted to the wide screens of fixed and laptop computers. .
This tutorial is suitable for Microsoft software PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2010, PowerPoint 2016 for Mac and even the webapp PowerPoint Online (free with a Microsoft account). The subscriptions Office 365 are also concerned since it is the complete Office suite, integrating the latest version of Microsoft PPoint.
By default, the aspect ratio is set to Widescreen 16:9 with PowerPoint 2013, 2016, and 2019, as well as PowerPoint Online.
Change the resolution of a PowerPoint slideshow
PowerPoint software on Windows
1. Open Microsoft Office PowerPoint software (version 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019).
2. Open the document (presentation or slideshow) that needs to be converted to 16:9 format, or create a new blank presentation, from a theme template or a simple white sheet.
3. Make sure the document is in Normal mode: menu Display, Normal.
4. Go to menu Creation and click on Slide size.
5. Change PPS/PPT presentation slide format: Standard (4:3) Where Widescreen (16:9).
6. If these sizes are not suitable, click “Custom slide size” to set another slide resolution.
7. The PowerPoint presentation file is thus converted into another display format, which will be more suitable for projection on TV, video projector or on a simple computer monitor. The change only applies to the document in question, not to any other PowerPoint files on the computer. This operation must be carried out on each presentation to correct the display format of the slides.
PowerPoint software on Mac
1. Open Microsoft PowerPoint software on macOS.
2. Create a new document or open an existing presentation.
3. Go to menu Creation and find Slide size.
4. Change format by Standard (4:3) Where Widescreen (16:9).
5. The configuration change applies to the current document, not to future slideshows.
6. Choose “Page Layout” to select a different resolution of the PPT or PPS file.
1. Login to https://www.office.com/
2. Open the PowerPoint online application.
3. Create a new presentation or load a previously saved file.
4. Click on the menu Creation and find Slide size to change the display format. PowerPointOnline’s default resolution is Widescreen 16:9.
5. This change applies immediately to the current document, not to future creations.