Here is a complete guide to get started in selling and buying Bitcoins with the platform. Coinbase.
Coinbase is a fairly easy-to-learn exchange and is ideal for getting started.
Be careful the fees are high but it still allows you to learn and buy your first Bitcoin and even to make a profit !
The platform also allows them to be exchanged for Euros.
- 1 Coinbase presentation
- 2 Configuration of payment methods
- 3 Deposit Euros on Coinbase
- 4 Once your payment methods have been configured, you will be able to buy Bitcoin (or Ethereum or LiteCoin which is offered on Coinbase). For that you have to go to the menu PURCHASE / Sale You choose the Cryptocurrency to buy and then you choose your payment method. Regarding the payment method: If you have not deposited euros into your Coinbase account then you will only be able to buy euros with your bank card. You can choose to sell your Bitcoins (or Ethereum and Litecoin) by going to the Buy / Sell menu. Bitcoins sold are stored on your “EUR WALLET”. Exchange your Bitcoins for Euros
- 5 Coinbase and security
- 6 For further…
Coinbase is a secure platform that has a good reputation in the cryptocurrency world.
It is also renowned for its fairly high costs compared to other exchange platforms.
Therefore we are going open a Coinbase account in order to put a foot in the world of cryptocurrencies.
I put you an affiliate link that offers you a big bonus when you buy bitcoins.
To take full advantage of your account, you will need to validate your identity.
It is thus necessary provide a front and back scan of your identity card, passport or driver’s license
It should be understood that Coinbase is a gateway to converting euros into various cryptocurrencies.
The platform is developing and offering other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, LiteCoin, XRP in short, it is no longer the 2017 platform which only offers 3 currencies.
Configuration of payment methods
You must then configure your payment method. For that you have to go to the page
- Add your bank account (the costs are reduced but the delays longer approximately 2-3 working days)
- Add your bank card (high costs but very fast turnaround around 1 to 2 hours)
To validate your bank account you must send a small amount with a reference code given by Coinbase.
Good to know: As the market is very volatile, you can take the lead by transferring a few Euros in advance to your Coinbase account using a bank transfer. Thus you will limit the costs and, you will have € to exchange for BITCOINS on the platform.
For some time now you have been able to add your Paypal account! And that’s super practical for collecting funds. You must first have validated your identity.
Here’s how to do it:
1 – Go to your profile then account settings
2 – Click on Associated Accounts
3 – Associate a new account.
4 – Choose the Paypal account , you are then redirected to connect your account.
Deposit Euros on Coinbase
To avoid high fees I advise you to deposit Euros into your Coinbase account.
These Euros can then be exchanged for Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin.
You have to go to the Accounts menu:
Click on deposit in order to obtain your reference number:
Click Continue , you can then specify the amount:
Continue in order to obtain Coinbase’s IBAN and SWIFT code:
Be sure to specify the reference code when making your transfer to ensure that the funds will go to your account.