Here are methods to correct the “NVIDIA installer cannot continue” error once and for all. So concentrate a bit and start.
Method 1 – Update the NVIDIA graphics card driver
The update will most likely correct error “NVIDIA installer cannot continue In Windows 10.
To update it, follow the steps given below:
Step 1 :
- Simultaneously press Windows keys + X, and then, in the list that appears, click Device Manager.
- You can also click the Start button, and type ” Device Manager ” in the start search bar.
- Click on the result of the Device Manager which appears. This will open the Device Manager tool.
2nd step :
- Search Display adapters option, then click on it to develop options.
- Among the extended items, look for NVIDIA graphics card option.
- Right click on it and select Uninstall device driver software option in the context menu.
- Step 3: Now, restart your computer. Once you restart your PC, open again Device Manager. Expand display adapters.
- Step 4: Click with the right button of the mouse and update the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 driver.
- Step 5: Now, a new driver update window opens. In this window, click on the option Automatically check for updated driver software.
- Step 6: Follow installation instructions which appears on the screen to obtain the update
- Step 7: Once driver installation complete, restart your computer. After restart, try to install it again and see if the same error appears.
It may happen that Windows may not be able to check for the driver update. In this case, you can update manually. We discuss this in the next method.
[7 Solutions] Start Menu and Cortana Not Working
Method 2 – Activate it
Sometimes she could be disabled. To solve this problem, go to the Device Manager and check if she is disabled. If yes, activate it.
Here are the steps to follow to activate it:
- Step 1 : Press on Windows keys + X. In the menu that appears, find Device Manager and click on it.
- 2nd step : In the window of Device Manager which opened, look for Display adapters ; click on it to enlarge it.
- In the expanded list, look for the pilot.
- Click on it with right mouse button and see if the option Activate is available in the context menu.
- If so, it means that it is disabled.
- Click on Activate.
- Step 3: Restart your PC.
- Step 4: Try to l‘to install and see if NVIDIA installer cannot continue problem in Windows 10 is always displayed.
If so, now try the next method.
7 Solutions For An Invalid Captcha Code [Résolu]
Method 3 – End all processes
This other method to solve this problem NVIDIA installer cannot continue has been reported to resolve the issue several times.
Simply end the whole process from the task manager (Tash Manager), then try to restart the installation process.
Here is how to complete all the processes to resolve the error step by step:
- Step 1 : Open the start menu, and in the search bar of the start menu, type Task manager (Taskmgr).
- Click on the task manager that appears in the search result.
- 2nd step : Search the processes in the Processes tab.
- Once found, click with right mouse button on each of them, then click the Finish task option.
- That will stop all running NVIDIA processes.
- Step 3: Now try to restart the installation and see if the error still appears.
[6 Solutions] Display Driver Unresponsive and Was Recovered
Method 4 – Update by manually finding the ID
The chances that it is incorrectly detected are still present. If this happened on your computer, you will get an installation failure with the error.
To resolve this issue, you can manually enter the ID in the computer.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Step 1 :
- Open the start menu, and type Device Manager in the startup search box.
- You can also press Windows keys + X, and select the option Device Manager in the list that opens.
- 2nd step :
- Search Display adapters option, then click on it to develop it.
- In the drop-down list, right-click NVIDIA Card option.
- Click the option Properties in the right click menu.
- Step 3:
- In the window of properties, click on the tab Details.
- In the tab Details, click on the drop-down menu Property, and select Hardware ID option.
- When you do this, hardware IDs will appear in the Values box.
- Step 4:
- In this step, we identify supplier and device code.
- the code following VEN is the vendor code and the code following DEV is the device code.
- For the given screenshot, 10DE is the supplier code and 1180 is the device code.
- Step 5:
- Now go to a website that allows you to find and download device drivers with their device code and vendor code.
- One of these websites is Device Hunt .
- There, enter the VEN and DEV codes of your NVIDIA graphics card.
- Step 6: The website will search for the latest driver compatible with your graphics card.
- Step 7: Download now the graphics card driver that you will find on the website.
- Step 8: Install the driver exactly as shown in method 6.
- Step 9: Restart your PC after having installed the driver successfully, and try to install on your computer and see if it works.
What is the between X86 or X64 / 32 Bits or 64 Bits?
Method 5 – Rename your folder
To correct cThe problem with the Nvidia installer cannot continue in Windows 10, it is sometimes useful to rename the folder in the Program Files folder.
This solution is not very common, but it has worked for a few users, so it’s worth a try.
Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1 : Go to the drive where Windows is installed. Usually, it is installed in the reader C.
- 2nd step : In this reader, look for the Program Files folder and open it.
- Step 3: In Program Files, find the NVIDIA folder. It is usually named NVIDIA Corporation.
- Step 4: Done right click on the file NVIDIA Corporation and select Rename option.
- You can give it any name. For a best reference, give it a name closely related to graphics card or to NVIDIA ; it’s your choice.
- Step 5: try install the NVIDIA graphics card again on your computer.
[3 Solutions] Disable “Logitech Download Assistant”
Method 6 – Manually Update NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver
For update manually in order to correct the error ” NVIDIA installer cannot continue “, You must first of all download the latest compatible driver for your graphics card.
To do this, go to NVIDIA webpage – Download drivers.
There you will need to provide the following information about your graphics card as well as the operating system installed on your computer: Product type, product series and product.
Once the download is complete, follow these steps:
- Step 1 : Press on Windows keys + X both on your keyboard, then a list will appear. In the list, double-click Device Manager option.
- 2nd step : In the device manager, click on Display adapters option to enlarge it. Now do right click on the NVIDIA Graphics Card option in the expanded list, then click Update driver option.
- Step 3: In the window Update drivers that appear, click the option Browse my computer for driver software.
- Step 4: You can now choose to browse and load the driver from your PC. Browse and select it that you come from download from the site.
- Click on Following and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- Step 5: Restart your computer and try install on your pc.
4 Solutions: Printer Does Not Print After Cartridge Change
The six methods above solved the problem for the majority of users. While there are other methods like disabling antivirus, using easy to install drivers, etc.
If you’re still having trouble with the installation, maybe you should call customer service and let them take a look. Or leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to help.