Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) or simply CRC is a check carried out by the file system to check if the source file and the sender are the same.
It checks whether it is copied successfully or not. Some checksums are generated then compared to see if the files are the same. You may face this problem when you copy data from one drive to another.
[11 Solutions] Repair “Unidentified Network” Windows 10
Why does the “Cyclic Redundancy Check” error occur?
Cyclic Redundancy Control: can occur for the following reasons:
- Corrupt registry
- Unsuccessful installation of a program
- Incorrect file configuration and an overloaded hard drive
Now, before moving on to the best possible solution to fix this error under Windows 10, 8, 7, it is highly essential to recover your important data after removing the error.
What is ETD Control Center? 4 Effective Solutions
Here are 6 Solutions:
Solution 1: Fix CRC error with error checking utility:
- Step 1 : Select your defective external device by right-clicking on it, then click on the option ” Properties “And select” Tools“.
- 2nd step : Now click on the ” Check now “Located in the” Error checking“.
- Step 3: Then check the option ” Automatically fix system errors “To perform a basic check in order to repair the problem, then click ” To start up“.
You can follow this quick method to fix the error, but it may not have been enough to fix the problem. So you can apply the alternative solution below to fix this error.
[8 Solutions] Repair VIDEO TDR FAILURE “nvlddmkm.sys”
Solution two: Repair the entire drive
The Command Prompt can be used for repair disk using the popular command called chkdsk.
Chkdsk is a utility integrated under Windows. It is used for check and repair system errors. It also repairs the register and bad sectors.
Follow the steps to fix it:
- Step 1 : First, close all running programs.
- 2nd step : Then open command prompt as administrator.
- Step 3: Then press the Windows + R to open execution option.
- Step 4: Type cmd. Press on the keys ctrl + shift + enter. This opens Command prompt in administrator mode.
- Step 5: Type “Chkdsk / fd:” without quotes. Replace d: through drive letter. Then press the Entrance.
- Step 6: Now the chkdsk utility will run. Now, check the disk for errors.
- Step 7: Once utility has finished analysis and repair, it displays a report on status and errors.
There is a good chance that the files will be copied without the message data error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) does not appear. Repair files if there are a lot of errors.
[9 Solutions] This Device cannot Start (Code 10)
Solution 3: Recover the sources
There are many data recovery software on the Internet. When you delete, move Where overwrite a file of any storage device, the special hidden file.
It contains metadata about files and folders ; simply delete his entry.
the recovery software makes use of it. He rebuilds metadata, making the deleted or corrupted file available again. You can copy without the data error message “Cyclic Redundancy Check”.
Follow the steps given below to recover the files:
- 1: First, close all running programs.
- 2: Next, run the software as administrator.
- 3: Select the drive you want to recover from. Even select the types of That you are going to recover.
- 4 : Finally, start recovery after setting the destination. You are now ready.
[5 Solutions] Repair “Runtime Broker” and CPU Usage
Solution 4: Format corrupted hard drive
Formatting the drive will erase everything. Save them before continuing.
Follow the steps below:
- 1: Open this pc Where this computer from the menu To start up.
- 2: Click with right mouse button on the icon reader that you wish format.
- 3: Click on the Format button.
- 4: select a fast format. In case you want it deep clean.
- 5: Choose NTFS if he is a hard drive Where FAT32 in the case of pen or memory card reader.
- 6: Complete the format.
[3 Solutions] Solve “SS3svc32.exe” on Startup
Solution 5: Rename it (Assign drive letter) if it is not accessible
You can rename or assign a letter to access it.
Follow the steps to assign a drive letter to a drive:
- 1: First, press Windows + R to open execution option.
- 2: Then type ” diskmgmt.msc ” in the case. Press the key Entrance.
- 3: Window disk management tool opens. If you see the disc, click on it with the right mouse button.
- 4: Then select ” Change drive letter or paths to … “.
- 5: Now check if a letter is associated with it. Then select ” switch ” Where ” add If there is none.
- 6: Next, assign a new letter.
- 7: Finally, close the windows and restart.
Solution 6: Check for bad sectors on a hard drive
If you find that the source disk or the destination disk is corrupted. It is then time to replace it or get a replacement under warranty, if it is still under warranty.
To check bad sectors of a hard drive, use tools like Recuva, Minitool or easeUS.
Follow the steps given below:
- 1: First, open tool. Then click with right mouse button on the reader that you wish scan to detect bad sectors or damage.
- 2: Then select the option that looks like a bad sector scan.
- 3: Next, readers generally will take a long time to analyze.
- 4: Then, if the computer blocks itself during analysis, wait a minute. But if the problem lasts a long time, it is irreparable.
Cyclic Redundancy Check can occur at any time during data transfer when there isa corrupted registry, of a failure to install a program, of a wrong file configuration and a hard disk space, etc.
The appearance of such errors will not only prevent you access your data, but will also result in data loss. It therefore becomes essential perform Windows error recovery and then apply the proposed solutions to solve the problem.