192.168.100.1 Router Login- belongs to the private range of IP addresses. It is one of the most popular IP address used by the routers. This IP address can be assigned to any local network device and can be used as a default IP address for a few router models. You can manually assign this IP address to the local networks.
From the big list of all the IP addresses now you will see the 192.168.100.1 IP address.
How to Find the IP 192.168.100.1 address of your router?
When you have to change the settings of your router, then the primary thing you will have to do is to know the IP address of your router. You can easily find the IP address of your router on the box of your router and can also be found inside the user manual. Another method is that you can find it by going to the network setting of your computer and go to the default gateway and next you will find the IP address of your router.
IP 192.168.100.1 Default login IP
The IP address 192.168.100.1 is a private IP address which can be assigned to any device on a local network. It is the IP address which is configured to set up a local system. It is used to attach the admin address and some router models.
It is the built-in IP address of many routers and comes with the current device as its default routing address.+
Remember that only one machine over the network can be assigned the routing address 192.168.100.1, so avoid changing the administrator’s address to this address. You can use this gateway address for some other remote device instead.
Reasons to choose this IP address Login 192.168.100.1
There are various reasons for you to select this IP address. Some of the most important reasons for you to select this IP address are:
- You can change the default login IP.
- You can change the default router username and password.
- It is also possible to change the default SSID or set up a new one.
- You can also change the default Wi-Fi password or even set up a new one.
- You can also choose the wireless network encryption type.
How to Login to your router using the IP 192.168.100.1?
If you want to Login to your router 192.168.100.1, you have to follow the following steps.
Step 1: The very first thing you should do is to connect your device to the network either using a cable or wirelessly.
Step 2: The next step is to open any of the internet browsers that you have in your computer or your mobile phone like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome etc.
Step 3: In the address bar of your browser, type the IP address 192.168.100.1 and click enter.
Step 4: It will be redirected to the next page where you will see a login dialogue box of your router which will ask the router’s username and password.
Step 5: If in case, you get an error message or the login dialogue box doesn’t appear, check your router default IP and if the IP is correct, the sign-in dialogue box will appear in the next page.
Step 6: In the sign-in dialogue box, you have to enter the default username and password, you will be granted access to the router’s admin page. Here you can change your network name, protect your wireless network with a password, change the router’s settings, and block any unwanted users to access the system.
What to do when you forget your login credentials
It is very reasonable for any person to forget the login credentials, or either one of them, i.e. username and password, and although it may stress you sometimes.
It is nothing to worry about there are a few options with which you can retrieve your login credentials or access your router’s account.
- The very first obvious step is that you should try your router’s default username and password before anything else. You can use user manual of your router, or the sticker which is under the router or the ones that are mentioned in the above steps.
- If that doesn’t work, you can search for some username and passwords on the internet. You will get multiple websites which will help you find your default username and password.
- The very last solution after you have tried searching for username and password is to reset your router, resetting the router will erase all the previous settings of the router; this resetting will also reset the username and password to defaults. In case you have to reset your router, you have to set it up from scratch, i.e. you have to set up the new password, changing the network name, or changing the router’s username and password.
- The updated passwords will have to be updated on every device the router has been connected on.
Login problems of IP192.168.100.1
In every other process that you are accessing today, there might be a chance that you come across a problem while signing in to your router’s home page.
- Check whether you PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone is connected to the home network.
- Entering the wrong IP in the given field is one of the common mistakes that users commit which will cause login problems, so ensure that you were filling in the right credentials while logging in to your router’s settings.
- Sometimes you may come across “incorrect IP address” problem. It is recommended to confirm the IP address and confirm that you are using the correct one. To check your router IP address. Open the command prompt and type “ipconfig” without quotes. The router IP will be listed as a default gateway.
The above mentioned all information is enough to successfully log in into your router’s settings and the problems you may come across while logging in.