The IP address 10.1.1.1 is a private IP address which is used to set up a local area network. Any device on the local network is configured to use this address range. This IP is used mainly by the broadband providers such as D-Link and Belkin models; they have their default IP address set to 10.1.1.1.
This IP is used whenever you need to either block or access any device over the network with 10.1.1.1 as its IP address. Any router which has some other IP address can also be configured to this IP as it is used as a default IP address. Also, it is easier to remember than any different IP, so you can keep it as your router address without making any changes to it if you need to have an administrator IP.
The 10.1.1.1 IP address belongs to the class A of the range of private IP address. The drawback of this network is that it cannot connect with the devices that are not a part of the system like printers, Smartphone, tablet, and many other similar devices. Some broadband routers use this IP address. You can also use t set ur desired username and password of your router to check if you are using the right IP address.
This article will give you a lot of info about 10.1.1.1 IP address. Just go through this article and solve significant of your problems which are related to the 10.1.1.1 IP address.
How to login to your router using the IP 10.1.1.1?
To log on to configure your router with the IP address, 10.1.1.1 follow the steps given below.
Step 1: On your computer or any other device which is connected to your modem via any cable or through Wi-Fi, open its web browser.
Step 2: In the address bar of the web browser, type the gateway address 10.1.1.1 and then press the enter key of your keyboard.
Step 3: If you do not know or remember your default IP address and 10.1.1.1 doesn’t work then check your user manual or the back of your modem, either of them must be containing the gateway address.
Step 4: Log in with your default username and password. If you have already changed your default password with any other custom password, then log in with your custom password instead.
Step 5: For modems purchased through iiNet, your default username is “admin”, and it is the password too. If you bought a modem from some other vendor company, then check your user manual or the back of your modem for default username and password.
What to do when you forget your login credentials?
It is very reasonable for any person to forget the login credentials, or either one of them, i.e. username and password, and although it may stress you sometimes, it is nothing to worry about they are few options with which you can retrieve your login credentials or access your router’s account.
- The very first obvious step is that you should try your router’s default username and password before anything else. You need to check either user manual of your router, or the sticker which is under the router or the ones that are mentioned in the above steps.
- If that doesn’t work, you can search for some username and passwords on the internet. You will get multiple websites which will help you find your default username and password.
- The very last solution after you have tried searching for username and password is to reset your router, resetting the router will erase all the previous settings of the router; this resetting will also reset the username and password to defaults. In case you have to reset your router, you have to set it up from scratch, i.e. you have to set up the new password, changing the network name, or changing the router’s username and password.
- The updated passwords will have to be updated on every device the router has been connected on.
How to change the router password or username?
If you want to change the username and password of your router, then you are at the precisely correct place. Here we will tell you the ways to improve the username and password of your router. Below is the step by step guide who will help you to change the username and password of your router.follow the given steps and change the username and password of your router.
Step 1: In case you to change the username and password, then firstly, you will have to log in to the router panel by typing the router IP address.
Step 2: Now, just enter the username and password of your router.
Step 3: Next go to the administrative tab in the router administration interface.
Step 4: Finally click on the change password or change username.
Step 5: Now type the new password twice on the interface.
Step 6: Here, you are done with the changing of the password of your router.
Login problems of IP 10.1.1.1
In every other process that you are accessing today, there might be a chance that you come across a problem while signing in to your router’s home page.
- Check whether you PC, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone is connected to the home network.
- Entering the wrong IP in the given field is one of the common mistakes that users commit which will cause login problems, so ensure that you are filling in the right credentials while logging in to your router’s settings.
- Sometimes you may come across “incorrect IP address” problem. It is recommended to confirm the IP address and confirm that you are using the correct one. To check your router IP address. Open the command prompt and type “ipconfig” without quotes. The router IP will be listed as a default gateway.
The above mentioned all information is enough to successfully login into your router’s settings and the problems you may come across while logging in.